PharmCAS submission day of deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kadee

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how bad is it to submit my PharmCAS application the day of the school's deadline?

I know that PharmCAS needs to calculate my GPA but will that affect my application to the school?
South's deadline is February 1st... next week and I am unable to submit my application because I am still waiting on a reference letter to be submitted. My transcripts were sent and PharmCAS received them back in December. They also already have my PCAT scores.

Will the PharmCAS' calculation time affect my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering how bad is it to submit my PharmCAS application the day of the school's deadline?

I know that PharmCAS needs to calculate my GPA but will that affect my application to the school?
South's deadline is February 1st... next week and I am unable to submit my application because I am still waiting on a reference letter to be submitted. My transcripts were sent and PharmCAS received them back in December. They also already have my PCAT scores.

Will the PharmCAS' calculation time affect my application?

The only bad thing about submitting your application close to the deadline is that most of the seats are going to be filled so your chance of acceptance is lower. You can submit your pharmCAS now and they will update your application and send the reference to the school later, also it takes a week to verify your GPA around this time anyway so that gives your reference a week to write a letter. I would submit your pharmCAS now. The pharmCAS processing time won't affect your application because when I view the portal for some school's application it says the day my application was submitted not the day my GPA was verified and applications were sent to schools.

Well, i was told by admissions that submitting later didn't really affect that much, and way less people usually apply to grad programs than undergrad also. But also, you can submit the pharmcas first and send the reference to the school later if your waiting on one, like it doesn't have to be submitted at the same time?