Your thoughts on a "still interested!" letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H0mersimps0n

HMO CRUSHER
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to type up a letter to the associate dean of admissions to PCOM and a few others pretty much saying I'm still very interested in their school because *insert reason and something about school here*

Something, nice, short, to the point, and including why I'm interested in their programs specifically.

what do you all think?

My app for PCOM has been in since early Sept, time to light a little fire....

Members don't see this ad.

I can appreciate your feelings. I have six schools that I haven't heard anything from and my applications have been complete for months. Every once in a while I feel like going on a letter writing binge in hopes of getting some action but so far have refrained. I don't have any basis for this advise, but since the holidays are now over I'd wait a few weeks and allow the adcoms to get back to business. If nothing happens then send in your letters. If you haven't sent in you 2002 fall semester grades I'd definetly do that.

If there's one thing I learned from applying last year, it's to be persistent. Schools want to hear from you (at least until you become excessive and annoying), and like to hear that you really want to be at their institution. Trust me, it helps a lot. Last year I got accepted to CCOM off the waitlist, and when I asked an admissions counselor why I was chosen, he told me because I had done the best job of "keeping in touch" after being waitlisted. I had sent in an additional letter of recommendation, an update to my file (new research), and a letter of intent, all within about 2 months. Lo and behold, here I am.

Go for it. Write a letter to your top choice schools telling them (truthfully) how much you want to go there. It can only help.

MS-1
Midwestern University-CCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
Write a letter.

Keep it short and sweet.

And something personal about why you want to go to PCOM.

Include your Fall 2002 transcript, if available, or something else about what you have been doing since September.

Write the letter to the Director of DO admissions, not the Dean.

Good luck.

My fall grades went down.....alright so it was by a hundreth of a point but I still feel a weird shame in reporting that. Especially considering that others might have actually pulled their grade up. Any thoughts?

If you haven't been invited for an interview yet, do anything you can to get your name passed around the admissions office again.

Hopefully the grades are still pretty good.

Send them in.