Your non-human support group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hkt8646

Mississippi c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I figured, most of us applying to vet school probably have animals supporting us through the application process. Does anyone want to share their pictures? Would love to see them.

here is my group:

-Henri. He's the newest, 9yo NM Abyssinian. He was diagnosed with small cell lymphoma in August and his owner said she "didn't want to deal with it" and requested he be euthanised. The vet, who i used to work with felt he had a good prognosis so asked me if I'd be interested in taking him. So of course I did! No matter how tired he is, if he sees a cat toy, he's right on it...showing me that I've got to keep going no matter how frustrating things can get!
h.jpg

Roy - 4yo NM grey tabby. I've had him since he was 4 months old. He is blind and is also a hemophiliac. His left eye was enucleated when he was 4 weeks old and the right eye when he was 8 weeks old. Both times, he bled into his eyes and they had to be removed. The vets didn't really think he'd live to be a year old. He's great at reminding me that I can overcome anything!
r.jpg

Spanky - 6 yo NM Tuxedo. He's VERY good at reminding me to stop, relax and sleep whenever he feels like I'm stressing out too much.
s.jpg

Bert - 8yo NM Abyssinian. He's totally neurotic and self-mutilates. The vets and I have been trying to figure out how to stop this behaviour for years now and nothing we try works. He's just trying to tell me that my neurotic tendencies aren't really that unnatural....
b.jpg

Ralph, c/o 2015 hopeful!

Members don't see this ad.

This is Ozzie, the best (worst) dog ever. If I get into school abroad, he will be following. I can't leave a room without him trotting up behind me. He is a handsome little devil, and a huge distraction, but I would not trade him for anything. Side note, he is not allowed up on my parents couch... but he finds ways of getting yelled at ... like hiding.

67533_575468429529_3803405_33810197_3667260_n.jpg

31742_563832388249_3803405_33328538_6055469_n.jpg

I love love love this thread!! Such beautiful friends you have :) I don't have any handy pics of my kitties right now, but I'll work on it:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Here are the two members of my support group:

Roxy: always gives peace to me on those days when I need it the most, she tolerates my excessive hugging, and the quite of her stall makes the perfect retreat spot.

Roxy.jpg

Zoey: always has a smile on her face and is never late to give a big doggy lick to lighten the mood. She also is a great cuddle buddy to watch movies with and decompress with from a hard day.

Zoey.jpg

Yay! I'm so happy to see everyone's friends! Bigcatlover, can't wait to see yours! Here are a few of photos of my bird friends. I have too many to post all of them (I breed parrots).

Blackie - a Gang-gang cockatoo
gg.jpg

Herbie - a Hyacinth Macaw
hy.jpg

Tula - a Blue-throated Macaw
t.jpg

This is Murdock... he's a trouble maker (as in flying leap attacks at me but we've worked it out and just play chase instead along with long games of fetch). He's more like a dog and gets into everything and likes to sleep across my face or on my chest and lick my face to try to wake me up in the morning for food. I miss sleeping in.

The bulldog is Duke. He's just all around great friend even though he's not too bright but I love him to death anyway.

Edit: That was the best I could figure out for getting pics into my post, lol. sorry so tiny, it kept saying the pics were too big so I kept resizing them.

Attachments

• Murdock resized.jpg
    Murdock resized.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Murdock2 resized.jpg
    Murdock2 resized.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 65
  • pic of duke resized.jpg
    pic of duke resized.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 90
  • also duke resized.jpg
    also duke resized.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 55
Everyones pets look so cute! Hkt your birds are gorgeous!

I'd love to post pics but I've never figured out how to do it without having them posted online somewhere. anyone care to educate me?

SDN lets you have small attachments. Go to reply, select 'Go Advanced,' and then you'll see a button below the text box that says manage attachments. Picture-type files are limited to 200KB so you might have to resize them in whatever photo program you have.

Alternately, you can host images online if you have a flickr account, photobucket account... I'm sure there are other image hosting sites that exist.

Here are some icon size pictures of Chloe and Slater. I dunno if I have many pictures of Vesper...

Actually, I have an album on my profile that has pictures of my pets. So, feel free to go look there if any of you are so inclined. :)

Attachments

• icon3.JPG
    icon3.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 57
  • tater2.JPG
    tater2.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 53
  • icon4.JPG
    icon4.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 60
So, this bundle of cute is Olivia, she belongs to my hetero life-mate and housemate. She's named after the detective from Law & Order, and spends her days on top of my laptop.:laugh:
157065_963370839987_3621388_50975616_1191038_n.jpg

163843_963370830007_3621388_50975615_4934571_n.jpg

I'm having issues with flickr, so I had to resort to attachments.

These guys are all products of a local feral colony my family and I have been managing since 2002.

Nicholas
NICHOLASav001.jpg

Tyson

TYSONav001.jpg

Thomas
THOMASav001.jpg

Tyler
TYLERav001.jpg