Your input is greatly appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are my chances of getting into a DO school with these stats and these last two passed semester performances before i submit my application MCAT is TBD.

cGPA: 3.25 sGPA: 3.16

passed semesters

Orgo 2:C+
Orgo 2 lab:B+
Biochem:C
Evolutionary Bio: B-
---------------
Phys 2: A-
Phys2 lab: A
Cell Bio: C+
Genetics: B-

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I say 24+ MCAT and you should get in somewhere.

Not stellar, but I'll wager you'll get some interviews.

what are my chances of getting into a DO school with these stats and these last two passed semester performances before i submit my application MCAT is TBD.

cGPA: 3.25 sGPA: 3.16

passed semesters

Orgo 2:C+
Orgo 2 lab:B+
Biochem:C
Evolutionary Bio: B-
---------------
Phys 2: A-
Phys2 lab: A
Cell Bio: C+
Genetics: B-

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
If your EC's are strong, you stand a decent chance of being accepted somewhere, but based on your stats alone, you will not be afforded the luxury to be picky about where you ultimately end up.

With those grades, it would be a stretch to get through med school. Nursing

Don't pay any attention to this guy. Obvious troll and tells everyone to go into nursing, lolz.

Anyways, OP, if you could get your sci GPA to 3.2 or 3.3 through retakes, I think you'd look a bit better.

Hey, you can get your BSN and then get your NP degree. It's the same thing as a DO- probably better actually.

But seriously, if you can, retake some of those courses and raise your GPA. It won't kill you though. If you score high enough on the MCAT (>28) , you'll probably get in somewhere.

i was studying for the mcat at the same time, that put a huge amount of stress on me. but if my mcat ist good i will try to improve it. retaking the classes will be too expensive.

thanks for your input :)

Hey, you can get your BSN and then get your NP degree. It's the same thing as a DO- probably better actually.

But seriously, if you can, retake some of those courses and raise your GPA. It won't kill you though. If you score high enough on the MCAT (>28) , you'll probably get in somewhere.

This would take forever since NPs will be required to have a doctorate to practice soon. Don't do this unless you really like the nursing model of care.

Are you serious about that comment right there? If so, you should not attend the DO schools you have received an acceptance from. It's hard for me to believe that you actually got accepted to those DO programs not knowing what a DO does. Let me educate you a little before you spew such idiotic opinions.
NP is not the SAME as a DO. Please do not advise other students if you don't know the difference. NP can see patients in a primary care setting and can only prescribe drugs in certain states.They cannot become surgeons or do invasive procedures. While DOs can everything that a MD can do. They can compete for the same residencies and the education is exactly the same.