Your Goals/Resolutions for the New Year and New Decade in Pain??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Do you want to do more kypho, more stim, learn Regen? Get faster with perms? Get FIRE'd? Pay off student loans? Make partner? Open your own practice? Publish a paper? Join speakers' panels for pharma and device companies?

What was your greatest achievement during the 10's and what do you want to accomplish during the 20'?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the 10s I finished training and board certifications, got married, got in the black and above financially, and bought an affordable house.

In the 20s maybe have a kid, travel a bunch, leave the military behind, move to one of my preferred areas of the country, make a ton of cash, and become more politically involved.

Reactions: 1 user
My goal is to get more surgical. The major weakness of my fellowship is that the pain attendings shipped all the permanent SCS implants and pumps off to neurosurgery. Learning surgical skills on my own private practice time is a pain in the rear, but I'm slowly getting there. My second goal is to continue to NOT work any nights or weekends. I am probably putting myself at risk though of more calls if I start doing more of my own implants.

eat less carbs, do some triathlons, double my net worth, retire at this time next decade. oh yeah, keep treating pain patients well and try not to get cancer from the xrays.....

Reactions: 1 users
Do you want to do more kypho, more stim, learn Regen? Get faster with perms? Get FIRE'd? Pay off student loans? Make partner? Open your own practice? Publish a paper? Join speakers' panels for pharma and device companies?

What was your greatest achievement during the 10's and what do you want to accomplish during the 20'?

Strive for personal peace. I think I'm almost there.

I no longer have professional or economic goals and wish I had not occupied so much of my time when I was younger toward those ends.

Reactions: 3 users
Strive for personal peace. I think I'm almost there.

I no longer have professional or economic goals and wish I had not occupied so much of my time when I was younger toward those ends.
Did you find that it was just too much work for little benefit?

Pay off student loans (will happen with my first paycheck of 2020!)

Be more present for family (limit screen time)

Pursue professional aspirations

Mountain bike and exercise more

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user