2024 Professional Goals and Healthcare Strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
1703807164028.png

Members don't see this ad.

More teleheath
negotiate better contracts
Drop kids off at school

Members don't see this ad :)
8. Dangers
Personal ambition

Wut.

Goal for 2024:

refrain from felonies against HOPD nurses
1-Decrease time at work by 15%
2-Keep production at 90-100% of current
3-Save 50% of after tax income
4-Have FU money by age 50

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Probably a more quantifiable and attainable goal.

I had a pretty rough last day of the year.

My staff put a patient on my OR schedule whom I had not seen in a year. When he called inquiring about getting a procedure they looked at his office note from 12/23/22 and completely missed the year…so I saw him in Preop already with an IV in his hand and had to apologize

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
My staff put a patient on my OR schedule whom I had not seen in a year. When he called inquiring about getting a procedure they looked at his office note from 12/23/22 and completely missed the year…so I saw him in Preop already with an IV in his hand and had to apologize
Scrooge.

My patient had a year of relief with esi after 16 months with previous…was on clinic schedule, drove 2 hours thinking he’d get repeat injection. Got it approved same day, saw only 1 of 3 ORs was occupied past 12:30, so told him to grab lunch and come back. No one would get off their @$$ so we could do the esi, so we both waited until 5:15 when OR 1 was done. I was ready to choke some folk.

Reactions: 1 users
My patient had a year of relief with esi after 16 months with previous…was on clinic schedule, drove 2 hours thinking he’d get repeat injection. Got it approved same day, saw only 1 of 3 ORs was occupied past 12:30, so told him to grab lunch and come back. No one would get off their @$$ so we could do the esi, so we both waited until 5:15 when OR 1 was done. I was ready to choke some folk.
You need a procedure room stat