Your favourites dental textbook ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tungvd

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tell me pls :p

Members don't see this ad.

Sturdevant's Art & Science of Operative Dentistry

--This is the ultimate guide to dentistry. I love this book.

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
Netter, can't live w/o it :)

Wow, do almost all (or at least a lot of) dental schools use that same book as well? Here at Temple we use it also. We haven't gotten to it yet (we're still on dental anatomy), but I did look through it a bit, and it did seem pretty interesting :)

xc1999

Originally posted by StarGirl
Netter, can't live w/o it :)

Blech, Netter sucks ;) I thought it'd be great too, with all those pretty pictures, but it ended up being just about completely worthless once we got into the lab.

Favorite textbook isn't that an oxymoron?

i didn't use Netter for the lab, i used rohan to study for the labs... but it's so much more pleasant to look at netter than rohan :) But all the Nerve pictures tell such great stories...how can you not enojoy it?!

Agreed! Netters has the BEST illustrations of the cranial nerves I have ever seen.

And that's knowledge vital for a dentist!

i kinda like fundamentals of fixed prosth. by shillinberg...good illustrations and yeah...shows a good variety of techniques...as for anatomy,...i think the older edtion of netters were better than the new edition....it was lacking some of the pictures that the older editions had.

agreed--netter was up at the top...alongside okeson~ j/k!! okeson was one of the most difficult textbooks to read in 1st yr! :p but, netter, like everyone else has been saying, is a real piece of art!

Physiology by Costanzo seems helpful.

Robbin's Pathology.