Your Favorite Bone--and Why

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The capitate right under the middle finger. Seems to be named right.

Members don't see this ad.

the stapes.... cus it's so cute

on my patients its the bone of mandibularis and on me its my dong-bone...

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of all the 206 bones in the human body, what is your favorite? List a reason for that.

Mine is 12th thoracic vertebra: My favorite because the twelfth thoracic vertebra has the same general characteristics as the eleventh, but may be distinguished from it by its inferior articular surfaces being convex and directed lateralward, like those of the lumbar vertebrae; by the general form of the body, laminae, and spinous process, in which it resembles the lumbar vertebrae; and by each transverse process being subdivided into three elevations, the superior, inferior, and lateral tubercles: the superior and inferior correspond to the mammillary and accessory processes of the lumbar vertebrae. Traces of similar elevations are found on the transverse processes of the tenth and eleventh thoracic vertebrae.

and this is why... you will not get laid.

Out of all the 206 bones in the human body, what is your favorite? List a reason for that.

Mine is 12th thoracic vertebra: My favorite because the twelfth thoracic vertebra has the same general characteristics as the eleventh, but may be distinguished from it by its inferior articular surfaces being convex and directed lateralward, like those of the lumbar vertebrae; by the general form of the body, laminae, and spinous process, in which it resembles the lumbar vertebrae; and by each transverse process being subdivided into three elevations, the superior, inferior, and lateral tubercles: the superior and inferior correspond to the mammillary and accessory processes of the lumbar vertebrae. Traces of similar elevations are found on the transverse processes of the tenth and eleventh thoracic vertebrae.

The reason that bone is your favorite is..... because of a cut and paste from your anatomy book giving a dry description? Strange...

Oh my God. That drives me nuts, people trying to force science to fit creationist stuff.

Actually, it seemed to me they were saying that the creation story was an attempt to make up a story to explain a confusing discrepancy in their observations about anatomy... not that they were saying that humans don't have a sticky-dicky because God yanked it out....

The hyoid, because it is the only bone that does not articulate with any other bone. It's also pretty cruicial in speech.

omg. my prof chewed me the heck out for saying that during my lab presentation on the hyoid. it apparently isn't the only one...