You'll get a kick outta this one...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

101N

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got this e-mail. Telling the wife we're moving to
ND:)

Pain Management - Central - ND - 1172409 - 5138-RO
North Dakota position

• HOSPITAL EMPLOYED
• BASE SALARY - $600,000
• FULL BENEFITS
• NEW PAIN CLINIC
• EXPERIENCED NURSE PRACTITIONER ON STAFF
• 100 PERCENT PAIN MANAGEMENT PRACTICE

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, but there is nowhere top spend the money you'll earn.

ND is great if you like winter. I think it only lasts about 9 months there.

And every other summer that have major floods.

I wonder if there was a sudden surge in "North Dakota Pain job $600,000" on google today. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
i get those ads all the time from all over the country - I hope you realize these ads are bait-and-switch ads...

You call, the recruiter gets ALL of your personal information/CVs, etc - and then come to find out, the job is no longer available, or somebody was hired - and they never tell you which town/hospital... they then start actively recruiting for you...

just realize that these are all bogus ads... when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is a scam

True, but we are talking the middle of ND here, maybe they're just desperate.

It just doesn't pencil out. There is no way that a hospital system is going to run red ink like this for long. This is something like a 1 or 2 yr guarantee and then reality hits AND you're stuck in ND.

It just doesn't pencil out. There is no way that a hospital system is going to run red ink like this for long. This is something like a 1 or 2 yr guarantee and then reality hits AND you're stuck in ND.

or in 1-2 years you make your 1.2 million plus, then get out...
i assume the no-compete should be a non-issue...

Dont kid yourself into thinking that the hospital will have red ink from this. They will make a tidy sum in the 3-3.5 million dollar range over a three-four year period off of facility fees assuming an average volume. It is likely structured as 1-2 year guarantee with another 3-4 years. Therefore over that time they will get their money out of it.

or in 1-2 years you make your 1.2 million plus, then get out...
i assume the no-compete should be a non-issue...

There is likely no non compete but if you leave before the end of your contract (which is likely a total of 4-5 years) you will pay dearly plus interest.

There is likely no non compete but if you leave before the end of your contract (which is likely a total of 4-5 years) you will pay dearly plus interest.

most contracts will be renewed on a yearly basis, and most will have a 60 day out if you are leaving the area...

they can keep you there...