you know you've been studying too much when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleepymed

The white Hard24Get
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
you wonder whether penicillamine would have cured those touched by midas...

Members don't see this ad.

as you're eating lunch with classmates, you question how you made it into medical school, you claim it was a fluke and three people respond simultaneously with, "what kind."

upon seeing a copy fo first aid left alone in a room, you have a panic attack, begin to question the sanity of the owner and decide to adopt yet another copy of first aid.

you see an attractive member of the opposite sex, and instead of imagining them naked, you imagine them without their skin.

Members don't see this ad :)
your roommate runs out of the shower, grabs you by the hand and wants to show you something cool (no no, not that) -- "the shower curtain's shadow looks exactly like the putamen and globus pallidus"

your cat climbs up onto your desk and sits on first aid ... as you're reading it

sleepymed said:
you see an attractive member of the opposite sex, and instead of imagining them naked, you imagine them without their skin.

this one is a bit scary

your diet consists of chocolate and coffee... and you're slowly starting to question whether walking over to get the chocolate is a waste of time

you were trying to remember the name of that amphetamine-type drug used for ADD...and your first thought was "meth...amphetamine"? (oh yeah, hospitals would love to see that on an Rx)

you are on first name basis with all the librarians and they have a table reserved just for you.

your first aid is so full of annotations that the only white space left is the little triangles in your A's.

your eyes cross and the first thing you think is wrong with you is myasthenia gravis, or a small pituitary adenoma...

SaltySqueegee said:
your eyes cross and the first thing you think is wrong with you is myasthenia gravis, or a small pituitary adenoma...

actually...wouldn't pituitary adenoma only give you heteronymous bitemporal hemianposia? :cool:

sleepymed said:
your first aid is so full of annotations that the only white space left is the little triangles in your A's.

yeah. i like this one. and i bet there are tons of people's FA's that look like this.

of course, my FA has too much white space left.

Members don't see this ad :)
you have studied first aid so much that you can recall which pages have stains from spilled coffee, water, and naptime drooling...

you have flipped through first aid so much that your pages are on the verge of falling out and the spine is about to split in half... I'm starting to get a little worried

neurotrancer said:
actually...wouldn't pituitary adenoma only give you heteronymous bitemporal hemianposia? :cool:
Also, abducens impingement... :cool:

Double vision upon lateral gaze towards effected/affected (damn, I can never remember which one it is) side...

your first aid has so many sticky tabs poking out of it that its entire perimeter is has been extended a few centimeters by a colorful post-it brush border... :oops:

cafecaramel said:
your first aid has so many sticky tabs poking out of it that its entire perimeter is has been extended a few centimeters by a colorful post-it brush border... :oops:

The brush border is to increase surface area for maximal information absorption?

the only reason you drink water is so you have an excuse to take a bathroom break

you lie down underneath your study table on the floor in the library to catch some zzz's

there's a callus on your *** from sitting on the edge of the chair 24/7 doing Q bank.

i can't believe an alternative term for buttocks is worthy of being starred!!!!!!!!

You start dreaming up all of the possible uses for prednisone.
OR
You give the cashier at the local gas station a 5-minute lecture on why Dr. Solomon's Noni juice isn't the penultimate treatment for fibromyalgia (and cancer, and lupus and blah blah blah) and that you usually prescribe Amitryptaline for the treatment instead because there is a high incidence of depression with the disease. (True Story...happend this week)

you scream cryptococcus every time you see a pigeon, then run as fast as you can to avoid them!

oscillate between bouts of hysterical laughter and sobbing fests

start thinking back on the better times... when you used to sleep in your bed, be done with work by five, take showers...

You logged in your online bank account using your Kaplan member's username and password :rolleyes:

start wishing that the exam had a link to "US Map" right next to the labs tab every time you got a micro question.

sleepymed said:
you scream cryptococcus every time you see a pigeon, then run as fast as you can to avoid them!

:laugh:

I remember when I first learned about the cryptococcus connection to the "rats with wings." Everytime I walked past a pigeon it was all I could think about.

:D HAHA

...when the high point of your day is when qbank is back online.