you know you are desperate when

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superzooi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
you apply to LECOM

I'm having a quite awful of a semester, getting a C in every course, possibly worse in my Physiology.

my GPA is in the ****ter it seems. (about to fall below 3.0)

Anyone in my situation as of right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Deleated since everyone misunderstood what i actually meant to say!

Last edited:
sounds like yall are taking shots at LECOM.. cmon yall..

Members don't see this ad :)
sounds like yall are taking shots at LECOM.. cmon yall..

Yeah what does a dig at LECOM have anything to do with your desperation? I don't think either of you 2 should stick your nose up at any school with your credentials.:nono:

Yeah what does a dig at LECOM have anything to do with your desperation? I don't think either of you 2 should stick your nose up at any school with your credentials.:nono:

oohhh! haha...

I think it's fair to say that at some point or another in our pre-req work we have ALL felt desperate to some extent!

I think it's fair to say that at some point or another in our pre-req work we have ALL felt desperate to some extent!

I think a better word would be "discouraged" and I've never felt discouraged enough to try to discredit a scool online. :thumbdown:

I think a better word would be "discouraged" and I've never felt discouraged enough to try to discredit a scool online. :thumbdown:

Couldn't agree more with you when you say discouraged.. In my opinion I never have looked at a pharmacy school and thought they were less qualified than others. Yes, some are more established and have a greater "history", but I respect ALL of them .

Couldn't agree more with you when you say discouraged.. In my opinion I never have looked at a pharmacy school and thought they were less qualified than others. Yes, some are more established and have a greater "history", but I respect ALL of them .

I disagree. There are better schools than others. They are not all on the same playing field and if they were they would have identical passing rates and acceptance criteria. I know it sounds bad but newer schools have a tendency to take lower end applicants. All you have to do is take a look at their class profile.

I disagree. There are better schools than others. They are not all on the same playing field and if they were they would have identical passing rates and acceptance criteria. I know it sounds bad but newer schools have a tendency to take lower end applicants. All you have to do is take a look at their class profile.

Disagree with what? If a pharmacy school is established and accred. than they, just as any other school are able to grant that degree at the end of the 6 year term. I def. understand that there is a level of prestige, but all schools must start from some base and work their way up to a more respected level.

Disagree with what? If a pharmacy school is established and accred. than they, just as any other school are able to grant that degree at the end of the 6 year term. I def. understand that there is a level of prestige, but all schools must start from some base and work their way up to a more respected level.

I think you do make a point but until they do get established they will have to prove they can pass with the big boys. I'm sorry I don't put that much trust into universities that have lower than average passing rates on national exams or have very low student profiles. It makes me worried for our profession. I understand that there are people that do very well at some of these universities but something has to be going on if the school has consistently fallen below average. Just an opinion.

I think you do make a point but until they do get established they will have to prove they can pass with the big boys. I'm sorry I don't put that much trust into universities that have lower than average passing rates on national exams or have very low student profiles. It makes me worried for our profession. I understand that there are people that do very well at some of these universities but something has to be going on if the school has consistently fallen below average. Just an opinion.

Def. respect your opinion. My passion for this may come from the fact I was accepted to a newer school, D'Youville. Although I did poorly on my PCAT I'm more than capable, but I entirely respect your side of this and can see where you are coming from. May not agree, BUT, that is the beauty of opportunity to choose! Good luck to you in your work to becoming a pharmacist!