You ever realize just how much you have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Skylizard

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Members don't see this ad.

I hear you on that. A good place I found to get rid of old medical texts are local community college libraries that support nursing or surg. tech programs or the like. They almost always can use them. The other rule I follow when moving is: "If I didn't know I owned it, I won't miss it when it's trash!"
As far as total mass of medical papers junk: I now have 4 drawers of a filing cabinet and almost 2 full 7 ft bookcases. Needless to say I am not looking forward to sorting it out the next time I have to move!

i really needed to hear that sky:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Skylizard
WS & DrO, would I be mistaken to presume each of you have a great deal of papers to contend with at the end of this year? Have you in your experience either found or developed a good system to contend with this?

I have not kept any papers. With the emergence of the internet it seems kind of silly to keep hard copies laying around when you can always print it of the net if you need it. You end up with file cabinets full of clutter if you keep doint it- I just threw everything away a few years ago & look things up if I need it (which honestly is not very often @ this point)

whew! thanks, dr oliver - I'm so relieved to know I'm not going to be shamed by gunners like Sky during residency b/c I haven't kept any review articles.

As for throwing out old texts - you are throwing away money! If you don't want to waste time selling them at your med school, list them up on amazon.com used books or half.com and make some cash on your old texts. If thats too much work, the library donation is a great idea. Throwing away books others could learn from seems very wasteful to me - especially to someone who is willing to waste time labeling and filing papers he'll never look at again!