You ever have one of those "Doh!" moments?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bamish

Tired and old today
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Son of a.... So, last semester I was asked if I would be interested in teaching some labs this fall. It not only sounded fun, but I thought it would be a great learning experience to boot, so I of course accepted. I am now scheduled to teach 3 labs (2 general chemistry, 1 organic) this fall.

So, I'm at the school this morning and get offered a job working in the cancer research lab, which would totally conflict with the teaching offer. I would of course much rather work in the cancer lab, but there is no way I can do both.

I really would feel like a putz backing out of the teaching job and if I did I'm sure it would totally screw over the department, so teaching labs is what I will do! I guess this will just be one of those... Doh! moments. :smack: This one just really bums me out as I have a feeling the cancer research will lead to some form of publication for those involved. Again, :smack:

Anyway, to help me get over the Doh! factor I thought other people might like to share any Doh! moments they have had. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Be honest and let them know your dilemna, and willingness to honor your commitment to teach lab unless they find someone else. You may be surprised and find out they have someone else that would like to teach the labs, and they will be impressed with your integrity.