You can check your score through AMCAS....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karmon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My sister told me they are already up in AMCAS......i think you have to be verified though.....she said just scroll down to your MCAT score and it should already be posted......hope that helps

p.s. this post is not in any way, shape, or form meant to cause heart attacks or general STFU remarks....good luck

p.p.s STFU = Shut the F@!K Up

Members don't see this ad.

Are you kidding me? April 2004 scores, right?

If this is another joke, then bad karmon (karma) for you!

-tx

yep, you have to be verified though.....she took it this past april with you guys....good luck

karmon said:
yep, you have to be verified though.....she took it this past april with you guys....good luck

Just to nip this in the bud, I was verified as of this morning and my new scores were not listed *this morning*. Don't think this is true.

Members don't see this ad :)
People tried to sell this same crap for last Aug's test. Don't buy it.

MoosePilot said:
Just to nip this in the bud, I was verified as of this morning and my new scores were not listed *this morning*. Don't think this is true.

Yeah, I was skeptical when I saw the "0+ posts"!

-tx

Be very very suspicious of anyone posting ridiculous things like this who joined SDN in the past 30 days.....

:rolleyes:

when i took it two years ago, i found my scores before they were released -- through the printable version of your application (after you submit it).

so it was true back in the days, but they probably changed it by now.

well damn, don't believe me then....i just thought everyone on this board was waiting for when the scores would come out....i was just trying to help - although i understand everyone being a little ambivalent in believing these types of threads....oh well

oh by the way moose, it could be that you were just verified this morning. that could delay your scores if they were just posted today....i know she checked this morning through thx but that wasn't up so she decided to update her application - low and behold her scores were already up - no cause for celebration though cuz she's retaking......though i understand everyones position on the validity on this, don't you think though that your school and amcas should be the first to receive the scores? anyways, just trying to help.

(will someone who has been verified just check and end this nonsense....)

bryant said:
when i took it two years ago, i found my scores before they were released -- through the printable version of your application (after you submit it).

It's not true today. I just double checked. Scores are not on THX or AMCAS as of a minute ago. I'm processed & verified, etc.

bryant said:

looks like i'm gaining a little back of my good karma.....ok, ok, keep em coming...i don't really like being called a fibber.... :cool:

MoosePilot said:
It's not true today. I just double checked. Scores are not on THX or AMCAS as of a minute ago. I'm processed & verified, etc.

okay i see your point...but don't you see that if scores were updated early this morning or even late last night, that having your application just verified this morning would negate you having your scores - because that would entail them sending scores to a non-existent application.... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
MD Rapper said:
Yeah, what does it mean to be verified??

your application to AMCAS is already submitted and they send you a verification mail telling you that your application is already processed and sent to the schools your interested in applying too.....some do it before the MCAT results are found out (to get in early for the schools that are rolling admissions) or they submit it after they find out their MCAT scores (for obvious reasons)

MD Rapper said:
Yeah, what does it mean to be verified??
After you submit your AMCAS application, AMCAS verifies the courses that you enter manually to your official transcripts. Once you are verified your application is complete and can be sent to your designated med schools. The later in the application cycle that you apply the longer this process takes.

karmon said:
your application to AMCAS is already submitted and they send you a verification mail telling you that your application is already processed and sent to the schools your interested in applying too.....some do it before the MCAT results are found out (to get in early for the schools that are rolling admissions) or they submit it after they find out their MCAT scores (for obvious reasons)
To clarify, after you submit your AMCAS you have to wait for it to be verified. If you submit now, it can be verified fairly quickly like in a week. If you submit later like in July, it can take as long as 8 weeks because the folks at AMCAS can be slow due to the backup in applications.

Verify means that AMCAS has a person check the grades you put on your application with the transcripts you sent. After that is done, then you have to wait for your application to be sent to schools.

IT WILL NOT BE SENT NOW. Last year, the applications were sent to schools around July 17, so even if you sent your AMCAS and are verified, you'll still have to wait till July for it to be sent.

Also, about the scores being on your AMCAS, this did occur about 2 application cycles ago where the MCAT grades were actually on the application WHEN YOU PRINTED THE APPLICATION OUT. I am not sure it was there on the computer. For those who have already completed the application, you may try to print it out and see if your scores are there.

Of course, I remember this was an error on the part of AMCAS 2 years ago and I'm not sure if they corrected it or not.

Luck said:
Also, about the scores being on your AMCAS, this did occur about 2 application cycles ago where the MCAT grades were actually on the application WHEN YOU PRINTED THE APPLICATION OUT. I am not sure it was there on the computer. For those who have already completed the application, you may try to print it out and see if your scores are there.

Of course, I remember this was an error on the part of AMCAS 2 years ago and I'm not sure if they corrected it or not.

The printer only gets what the computer sends. If you click the link (review/print or something like that) it brings up an html document in a new window. You can then send that html document to the printer. I don't know where it would pick up a new set of scores enroute from the computer to the printer, but you never know.

i just called AAMC and had a nice long chat about my application and she told me that they dont even have the scores, let alone putting them on any applications that have already been verified. she also told me on or about June 15th is when the scores are going to be out. :scared:

karmon said:
My sister told me they are already up in AMCAS......i think you have to be verified though.....she said just scroll down to your MCAT score and it should already be posted......hope that helps

p.s. this post is not in any way, shape, or form meant to cause heart attacks or general STFU remarks....good luck

p.p.s STFU = Shut the F@!K Up

This was true two years ago...so stfu to those who were bashing his post

Kind of makes you wonder why the mods aren't a little more active in banning clowns who start threads like this. There's a lot of anxiety surrounding the release of these scores, and while I'm not surprised there are a small handful of posters too immature to respect that, I'm a little surprised the mods aren't doing anything to set an example.

I have mine. I think the deal is that they load the highest scores up first, and then work their way down. It's sort of creepy that they do it this way, because it means that if you're waiting a long time to get your score then you might not have done very well. Don't flame the messenger.

BTW, I got a 36Q and my buddy, who got his scores a couple hours before me this morning, got a 38R, if that helps you gauge when you might be getting yours.

What? Are you sure? OMFG! :eek:

When did you receive them????? :eek: :scared: :scared:

MoosePilot said:
The printer only gets what the computer sends. If you click the link (review/print or something like that) it brings up an html document in a new window. You can then send that html document to the printer. I don't know where it would pick up a new set of scores enroute from the computer to the printer, but you never know.

Actually that's not true. AMCAS will beam your scores directly to your printer via satellite.

sacrament said:
I have mine. I think the deal is that they load the highest scores up first, and then work their way down. It's sort of creepy that they do it this way, because it means that if you're waiting a long time to get your score then you might not have done very well. Don't flame the messenger.

hahahaha :laugh:

Rothgar said:
What? Are you sure? OMFG! :eek:

When did you receive them????? :eek: :scared: :scared:

I take it your refering to sac's post..
I can see that you haven't been on the forums long enough (10+ posts) to understand that sac is just joking. Personally, I think this joke isn't one of his best...but most of his other stuff is funny as hell

sacrament said:

Yeah, this is exactly how I would do it... if I were Satan! :mad:

Man, it's funny how much nastiness a little over concern for some test scores brings out :sleep:

sacrament said:
Yeah man, I didn't actually get it until this afternoon. 34P. Blech.

There's always the August MCAT, though.

PLEASE..we are not stupid fools....the scores are not out.....if they were it would be posted.....these pranks are stupid!!! :scared:

Mine just came up! Crap 23L. Good luck to everyone waiting!

This must be the stupidest joke ever....it was funny at first...now its just plain wrong!!!

dankev said:
Mine just came up! Crap 23L. Good luck to everyone waiting!

let me help ease this whole idiotic joke........someone got a 38 then someone got a 23..then someone got a 31..........not correct me if im wrong....thats not in any order......

Most of us are not stupid.... :mad:

Oh come on....it wasn't so bad...

Perhaps worse is that the joke "fermented" in the Lounge, and was sent to us with the encouragement of others not sensitive to our plight

Woe are we...

dc

*sigh* This is hardly a new joke. The point is merely that too many people are way too stressed about this.

gwyn779 said:
*sigh* This is hardly a new joke. The point is merely that too many people are way too stressed about this.

Maybe some of the people who think we're "too" stressed need to consider who has the right to judge what stress level we can have.

We're having fun and venting. Go back to your lounge and chill out.

MoosePilot said:
Maybe some of the people who think we're "too" stressed need to consider who has the right to judge what stress level we can have.

We're having fun and venting. Go back to your lounge and chill out.
Did I attack you personally? I wasn't actually trying to attack anyone.

Didn't seem like everyone was having fun, but it's great if you are. :thumbup:

gwyn779 said:
Did I attack you personally? I wasn't actually trying to attack anyone.

Didn't seem like everyone was having fun, but it's great if you are. :thumbup:

Fun might be overstating it, but I think venting is easier than just sitting waiting. Frustration is worse when it's bottled up IMHO.

EvoDevo said:
Well, chuckles, some people have been around here longer than you. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but 5000 posts and you've been on for a year? That's... a lot of posts a month :D

Medikit said:
Actually that's not true. AMCAS will beam your scores directly to your printer via satellite.

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh yeah, well I heard they send them to us in tiny fortune cookies... :smuggrin:

I think you have to post 20 a day or something to get those kind of numbers....my goal is clear...IT HAS BEGUN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.