Yo People

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdiddy89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so a very repetitive thread, but I need your advice for my individual scores. I'm on the border with my grades and the OAT

My GPA is currently a 3.18 at my university, but I suffered a 2.3 my first year at a different university back in 2007 (I'm not quite sure how they will look at that). I scored 310 AA and a 300 TS on the OAT:

Reading Comp: 310
QR: 320
Biology: 350
GC: 290:(
OC: 290:(
Phys: 280 :(

Now the question.

I would like to get into Midwestern in Arizona, NOVA, SCCO, ICO or Pacific.

Should I apply in like July or August, or should I wait and retake the OAT? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You could probably get an interview or two if you apply early (July/August). Don't retake unless schools tell you to retake. See what happens with your current scores before you spend energy and money on retaking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Loptometriste, I just calculated my overall cumulative GPA as a 2.93. Just as a side note my 2.3 year was from 2007-2008. I didn't go back to school till January of 2011, so I'm hoping some schools will recognize that I got my head on straight and decided to be a little more diligent.

Ohhh you're cumulative GPA might be a deal breaker for what I said above, you might have to retake...

Ohhh you're cumulative GPA might be a deal breaker for what I said above, you might have to retake...

Ya, I know it's pretty iffy. So, what you are saying is before I apply, I should retake the OAT?

Ya, I know it's pretty iffy. So, what you are saying is before I apply, I should retake the OAT?

I would. That, or go ahead and apply but make sure you indicate on your application that you plan to retake. With your GPA being so low, you're going to have to get really good scores on your OAT.

Calculate your gpa without the first year which was bad. You will want to tell schools that number as well as an explanation why it was so low your first year.

I think you should probably retake the OAT as well. Study up on chem and physics.

Good luck with your application!

I would. That, or go ahead and apply but make sure you indicate on your application that you plan to retake. With your GPA being so low, you're going to have to get really good scores on your OAT.

So, if I tell them I'm re-taking the OAT on my application, most schools will just put my application aside until they receive my new OAT scores and then they will start offering interviews if I do well? Is that how it would be? Sorry for all the questions, but just very curious. Thanks for all the responses everyone!

So, if I tell them I'm re-taking the OAT on my application, most schools will just put my application aside until they receive my new OAT scores and then they will start offering interviews if I do well? Is that how it would be? Sorry for all the questions, but just very curious. Thanks for all the responses everyone!

Yup, exactly.

Get your oat to at least a 330 and you'll be much better off. And apply early.