yet another what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDancer89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm paranoid like the rest and would like some feedback on my chances at all of the schools. Just had my GPA verified and all of my transcripts and test scores are in, so now I'm playing the game of patience. A game I am terrible at.

Stats:
cGPA: 3.24
sGPA: 3.01
nsGPA: 3.88

MCAT:
1st time: 16M:thumbdown:
2nd time: 25Q:thumbup:

~40 hours shadowing a few different pods-rec from 1
well over 2000 hours of extracurricular work (I dance for a non-profit dance company and we do a lot of outreach)
worked at a PT tech --rec for the PT I worked with
Tour with a small dance company

whaddya think? I know that first MCAT is a killer. but do you think my second score will over shadow it?

thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I'm paranoid like the rest and would like some feedback on my chances at all of the schools. Just had my GPA verified and all of my transcripts and test scores are in, so now I'm playing the game of patience. A game I am terrible at.

Stats:

MCAT:

well over 2000 hours of extracurricular work (I dance for a non-profit dance company and we do a lot of outreach)

whaddya think? I know that first MCAT is a killer. but do you think my second score will over shadow it?

thanks for your input!

Your stats are similar to mine and I've been invited to interview at 8 out of the 9 pod schools. I took the MCAT twice and my highest score was a 22Q. Most pod schools will only consider your highest score, so you don't need to worry about the first one. Your chances are looking very good!

thanks, that's very good to hear :)

any idea on when my app will be "mailed"? I submitted my app of 9/13 and my gpa was verified yesterday (9/21). all other documents have been in for weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, that's very good to hear :)

any idea on when my app will be "mailed"? I submitted my app of 9/13 and my gpa was verified yesterday (9/21). all other documents have been in for weeks.

Let's see...I submitted my application around August 8th. and I probably didn't get everything in and verified until ~August 29th. Got my first interview at Temple on August 31st even when they had not received my "mailed" application and letters. I believe the schools have access to an e-file of your application. Expect to hear something soon. :)

Oh, and my application wasn't mailed until September 7th. I'd received interview invites by 6 schools before that date.

just got a voicemail from western for an interview :thumbup:

I'd like to schedule interviews once I get a few more invites. Is is impolite to not call back right away?

just got a voicemail from western for an interview :thumbup:

I'd like to schedule interviews once I get a few more invites. Is is impolite to not call back right away?

Congratulations!

No, it's not impolite. I called back to some schools to let them know that I'm aware of the invitation, but that I was working around my schedule to see which date works best.

Stats:

MCAT:

thanks for your input!

With your second MCAT you will be fine. Your extra curriculars are fine as well. Those stats can get you an interview, then just kill it when you are interviewed.

good job on the MCAT improvement

Stats:

MCAT:

thanks for your input!

I think that is a great transition from a career involving your feet big time, dancing, and going to a career in podiatry, quite a fascinating story. Heres the bottom line, your stats surpase 3.0 on all margins, you are well qualified for podiatry, as people get in with around 2.7. 3.0 is around the average applicant. Wow quite a step up on the MCAT, somebody studied that time around! I think you are also well qualified for D.O. if you happen to want to do that, but for M.D. you would need an MCAT over 30 to give you a decent chance. To further raise your grades, I know D.O. accounts for retaken classes. However, D.P.M. is the quickest way to get involved with the feet, the link in dancing from the music to the body, as for M.D./D.O. orthopaedics takes a long time to get through the foot, to actually be dealing with surgery and biomechanics in that region.

so there are about a million "what are my chances" threads but not everyone gives updates. here's mine:

I applied to 8 out of the 9 school and was invited to interview with all of them. I interviewed with Temple and NYCPM and was accepted to both with scholarship $$. I'll be attending NYCPM in the fall :)

so there are about a million "what are my chances" threads but not everyone gives updates. here's mine:

I applied to 8 out of the 9 school and was invited to interview with all of them. I interviewed with Temple and NYCPM and was accepted to both with scholarship $$. I'll be attending NYCPM in the fall :)

Congrats on getting accepted! How was your overall experience with the interviews?

I'll be applying in a couple years. I do have to raise my GPA up though (2.86Cumulaive GPA :mad:).I know itll be an uphill battle but I still have to do all of my pre-reqs; hopefully doing extremely well on my pre-reqs will give me an opportunity to reach up to atleast a 3.1gpa.