Yet another relationship careens off the cliff onto the jagged rocks below

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crimsonkid85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking back, my path towards becoming a physician is littered with the carcasses of my failed relationships.

What's wrong with me? :(

Members don't see this ad.

you're human. If you think you can better your relationships and understand where you're failing, can always get a therapist or counselor. Or if it was just the wrong person, you can try again with someone new.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
So are most peoples lives during the 20s and early 30s, regardless of their career path. While there are people who married their high school sweetheart or only date one or two people before finding "the one", I think that's much less common these days especially as people become more educated.

Looking back, my path towards becoming a physician is littered with the carcasses of my failed relationships.

You chose medicine as a career. It's the ultimate relationship-destroying career path.
Nothing wrong with you, though.

It's difficult to juggle relationships and medical school/residency. Also, it is difficult for non-medical people to handle or understand the time commitment needed.

Do you even lift, bro?

Reactions: 1 user
I just realized I've had a relationship with SDN for seven years (!) which is longer than any relationship I've ever been in. :/

<333 SDN

I just realized I've had a relationship with SDN for seven years (!) which is longer than any relationship I've ever been in. :/

<333 SDN

If you love SDN so much, why don't you marry it? :D

Reactions: 1 user
SDN is low maintanance. That's why it works.

ADCOMs need to do a better job of screening out the Negative Nancys and Emo Elis out of medical school

Nature of the job my friend. I'm in a similar position.

Happens to the best of us. Try again when you're ready. Meanwhile...

/pours a Scotch

/pours one for me

Cheers?