Yet another "Do I have a chance"; at least I took my PCAT....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saito

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey
Lets get straight to the point
Right now my Overall GPA is a 3.1 and my Pre-req GPA is around a 3.25 (my Pharmcas is still processing but itll be around that since I don't have any weird school specific calculations or Fs)
Heres the thing. I have 5 pre reqs left (I'll take 4 in the spring and 1 in the summer) and I have a woeful D in Orgo II (that I'm retaking and included in the above 5)
My PCAT is a 95 composite though, and I made sure that my Chem subsection was as high as possible (It's a 96 ,Bio 98, reading 94 and math 47)
I'm on track for an A in calc 1 so that covers up my PCAT math grade lol
I also made sure to include on my PharmCAS that I'm taking the above classes in the spring and marked Orgo II as a retake.
I applied to NY schools (LIU, Albany, John fisher, D'youville) and MCPHS
LIU and Albany are my main schools as the rest are too far or just kinda suck (going from info I've read online)
What are my chances? Especially considering I have that D on there.....
My friend who goes to LIU told me that the avg PCAT is a 30 there, but they give their own students preference so I'm not so lucky being a CUNY kid.
Are there any schools that I'm close to NYC that I'm missing? I'm not gonna go for buffalo or Bing because they're both too far and for some insane reason they want Calc II. Not taking that lol
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.