Yes yes, NAPLEX Depression

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lizabon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took it this morning, and I KNOW I didn't do well. I was able to finish all questions in the allotted time; however, I put in random numbers for half of the math (had about 15) and didn't get a single HIV question and only 4 oncology questions.

Most of my questions were the basic disease states that we as pharmacists should be experts about - DM, HTN, COPD, etc. I kept flubbing those up because I couldn't remember basic things like brand/generic and exactly WHERE certain drugs worked (ie. where does this drug work in this picture). Many of the questions were ridiculously basic, and I missed those...when I got home, I looked up about 15 questions I could recall and got them all wrong.

Pretty bummed. This is my first time taking it and I studied pretty hardcore (8+hrs/d) for about 2 month. There's been a trend of nonpassing scores when they keep asking you about the same disease states and not asking questions on a more difficult topic like Onc or HIV. :( ... It will truly be a miracle if I even make it in the 70s at all.

EDIT: Guys, I put the BARELY in barely passed. Check below.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't think I answered your question... I think that the scores are individual based on our difficulty and not by a curve... Especially since not everyone is taking the exam at the same time. I could be wrong tho

To my understanding, the overall grade is based on the difficulty of the questions you answered correctly. 75 is the basic pharmacy competency score and if you answer harder questions correctly, you get a higher score. This is why everyone's questions are different per exam bc the computer picks questions based on the difficulty level of the previous correct answer.

Sorry I don't think I answered your question... I think that the scores are individual based on our difficulty and not by a curve... Especially since not everyone is taking the exam at the same time. I could be wrong tho

Thank you so very much! Your response was crystal clear. :)

I took the Naplex today and it was challenging, about 70% of my exam covered oncology, CAM, thromboembolic disease, and fill in the blank calculations!! I had maybe less than 10 questions total covering htn, dm, dyslipidemia. I hope I pass pleaseee

Same here :-((