yep, more questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jacks24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Where can I find the link to see the passing rates for AOA? I have heard people talk about it but I cant find it.
2. And, tell me your opinion on the school in Puerto Rico. I lived in central America for a year and learned my spanish there and I wanted to continue learning spanish for future mission trips to central america...I thought that this school would be great but I want to make sure that its a respectable school and not just "easy to get in".
3. And just for fun...Whats the school you want to get into the most and why do you think its the best?

Members don't see this ad.

jacks24 said:
1. Where can I find the link to see the passing rates for AOA? I have heard people talk about it but I cant find it.
2. And, tell me your opinion on the school in Puerto Rico. I lived in central America for a year and learned my spanish there and I wanted to continue learning spanish for future mission trips to central america...I thought that this school would be great but I want to make sure that its a respectable school and not just "easy to get in".
3. And just for fun...Whats the school you want to get into the most and why do you think its the best?

1. Do you mean the National Boards? I don't believe there is a link anywhere with all the stats for all the school, you may have to consult the schools you're interested in to give you that information or check their websites. Also, I don't know if you've seen Rosanna's amazing contributions to this forum regarding Berkeley -- http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=200623 which has a lot of the board rates from the past few years (look out for where it says 'NBEO').

2. A quick search of this forum will show you that there are mixed feelings about Puerto Rico. I can't say anything about the school because I never applied, I never visited, and I don't know anyone who has or has attended. Sorry. But do search the forum for it.

3. I've already been admitted for Fall 2005 to UCB; but when I was at your stage of the application process I was really just hoping to get in anywhere I applied (UCBSO, SCO, SCCO, ICO, and PCO). They each have very good programs, but I had to look at cost, convenience, and a variety of other things. Think about what's important to you once you decide on a pool of schools with programs that suite your needs. Don't forget that, in the end, you'll (hopefully) have an OD after your name, and nobody qualifies that with "...from School:XYZ."

good luck!

Yea, I really don't think the NBEO scores are ever officially published. I think the schools are given the option (by the NBEO) to disclose that information or not.
I suppose some students do a head count in the room during the day of the National boards to see how many classmates are there. It may give you an approximation but it's not 100% reliable. You have to remeber there are many reasons why people retake boards. Florida for example gives you a 5 year deadline to move to Florida. If you practiced somewhere else for more than 5 years then decide to move to Florida you have to retake all 3 NBEOs again. So never judge the stranger sitting next to you, that person may be a licenced OD in another state. I made that mistake, then found out the guy next to me was a professor from another school who wanted to move to Florida.... Oh Oh.

jacks24 said:

PR is the easiest school to get into. one of the least respected in the states.

my top picks for schools are as follows - not in any order:

scco, berkeley, suny, ohio and my second teir is pco and indiana

my opinions are based on studies i've read in jourals.