years in undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on graduating from undergrad with a bio degree this december. I came in with a lot of credit from AP and stuff so when I graduate, I will have completed 2 and a half years of schooling. Some pre-med students were tellin me that many schools look down on you if you dont have at least three years, is this true for the podiatry schools? I am pretty much average on gpa, takin the mcats over summer. Also, am I at a disadvantage because i will be only 20 when i apply?

Members don't see this ad.

It can be seen in two ways. One, you maybe too immature to handle to intense demands. Two, you are so very focused and driven. You determine how the school looks at it by your personal statement and interview. It is up to you.

My question is, do you want to graduate so early? I personally would stay in undergrad for awhile longer. Maybe get a second degree in one of the liberal arts or business? Undergrad is fun (or at least it should be). Professional school is work.

Members don't see this ad :)
well i dont want to...but its best that I get done with school as soon as possible due to personal issues, my parents are getting pretty old and they have labor intensive jobs so it would be nice to have them retire

...as for work load, i know i am definatly ready for it, the real reason why I have an average GPA as opposed to brilliant is cause i fell in to the trap that nearly everyone does...being away from home, no restrictions, but ive definatly picked up my grades and worked hard

...as for work load, i know i am definatly ready for it, the real reason why I have an average GPA as opposed to brilliant is cause i fell in to the trap that nearly everyone does...being away from home, no restrictions, but ive definatly picked up my grades and worked hard

Well there is your answer. You need to look at your application and yourself as a product, you need to market yourself by during what could be a negative into a positive.