Year off or 1yr Nursing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpr12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All! I graduated this past june w. a bsc and applied to pa schools for the 2012 cycle. Ive heard back from most of these schools that I need more patient care hours to be a competitive candidate. A member of the admissions committee from my first choice program emailed me personally to say they hope i get a job and reapply to the program next year. I have, however, been accepted to a one year nursing program (at a really expensive private school). Ive also recently got a full time job at a local hospital beginning ~a month before the nursing programs start date.

My question is, if you were in my shoes would you take out private loans and attend the one yr nursing program, and go from there. OR take the job and reapply to P.A. programs, if demographics would play a role in your decision i'm a 22yr old female. Thanks for your time :)

Members don't see this ad.

Bump! I'd appreciate some advice!

If you plan to attend PA school after nursing, then what's the point of doing nursing?

I would think to just buff up your application, especially since you got a job somewhere to do just that.