Postbac programs versus paramedic school versus nursing (future job utility)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
My overarching reason for taking a postbac is to boost my GPA (s/c both 3.11). I don't really want help with the MCAT, which a lot of programs seem to offer. Also, I'm poor and my family is poor: if I spend a bunch of money on a postbac program that has no utility if I don't get into medical school, it would suck.

Are postbac programs superior to paramedic and nursing programs? Do paramedic (38-44 credits) and one to two year accelerated nursing programs count as "science GPA"? I would apply during the June 2019 or 2020 cycles. Can I have some recommendations for the NYC/NJ area?

Also, I could pay for medical school through being a paramedic or a LPN/RN (accelerated BSN might be a long shot XD). Can't do that with a postbac...

Members don't see this ad.

What is the coursework like in paramedic and nursing programs?

AMCAS has a classification guide on which courses fit under Biology, Chemistry, and so forth in case you wanted to cross check a potential program to see if coursework will be considered for sGP