yeah !! got my scores today 99 %ile

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentok

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi friends
i'm so happy i scored 99 -comp score in NBDE-1 . i had appeared on june 10 ,2009...........its a dream come true.:laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

thanks 'n' this was my first trial. there r no kaplan clases by any teacher but there are lectures videos that u can view on computer.learn it by urself process.
you can say they r helpful in clearing ur concepts but r extensive pattern of usmle 1.

WOWWWWWW congratualtion it is realy gread score:)
I am currently in canada. I have gratuate 2 years ago and struggled in the system here.:(I was always close to the last person who got in the system Which is even more frustrating than not being in the range! unfortunatly both system are changing soon and I have to choose logically the best one to try it before it is going to be too late. would you pleas tell me if you have ever done the EE in canada? and if yes as a comparison was it more difficult than NBDE 1? or was it the opposite?
Thank you in advance and wish you good luck for the rest of the way:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all, Dentok - CONGRATS!! You prooved it`s possible))

Secondly, I`d like to ask - if I`m going to take the exam for the first time this october, will I be able to retake it in 2010? or maybe it`s better to take it in 2010 for the 1st time?

approximately how fast did you get your results? Because I`m rushed up with applications etc and at the same time I want to spend as much as possible time on preparation!

I`d be very grateful for any answer!

hi
really impressed from ur scores i just want to ask i am using dental decks and kaplan review but i dont know why i find kaplan more oriented towards usmle did u used it for reference or did you memorized it hope u got my point
thanks

is the NBDE step 1 pattern of exams goin to change in 2010?????

As far as I know if you`ve already passed the exam (meaning you got more than 75%) you won`t be able to retake the exam since 2010. So if you want to get more you should make it with your first attempt.....((

This new rule makes very sad.....) I knew people who tried to get needed result for 7 years! now we have only one time!

hi diyyaa,
kaplan review for ndbe is only for this exam and has many important topics of discussion which one needs to go thru so even if it is vast u still need to read it carefully

hi diyyaa,
kaplan review for ndbe is only for this exam and has many important topics of discussion which one needs to go thru so even if it is vast u still need to read it carefully

Thank you dentok for ur quick and helpful advice will indeed follow it

hi diyyaa,

thanks for ur advice yes u r write decks contain only a little material in summarized form but kaplan review is too detailed do i need to do all that is missing thanks

hi friends
i'm so happy i scored 99 -comp score in NBDE-1 . i had appeared on june 10 ,2009...........its a dream come true.:laugh::laugh:
hi dentok,
congrats for this exceptionlly gud score,i read ur thread,need a bit of advice frm u.
u mentioned kaplan for micro n patho ,jst need to clarify if its usmle kaplan or nade kaplan material ,coz i'm jst struk at 74% in micro n i read nbde kaplan ,need to improve my score ,can u guide me how u prepared for this subject .

just kaplan review book not dent essentials .
Hiii Dentok..

Congratulations on ur great score. I'm planning to give my exam in nov. I wanted to know what do u mean by kaplan review notes. I checked in kaptest.com, where it says kaplan lecture notes..Is it the same? If no, where can I find this book??
Thanx in advance.. Looking forward to your reply.

hey dentok,

congratulations on such a great achievement.
i graduated 6 yrs back frm india, and took the exam in august.
i am retaking my exam in 3 mnths. got an 82 in the first attempt.

i wanted some guidance as to where you studied physio from.....i read it from kaplan last time. i am confused whether i should read from brs or guyton, or is kaplan , first aid and decks are sufficient.
also in biochem, u suggest lippincott. its definitely a good book. how much ime do you think i should spend on it??

all your help will be greatly appreciated.thanks and congrats once again.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi dentok.
i was doing pathology from kaplan but i find it too detailed and too much.i did the other subjects too from kaplan nad didnt have any problm but i dont know why i dont like their pthaology.did u read each and every word of it??
pls reply
thanks

Hiii Dentok..

Congratulations on ur great score. I'm planning to give my exam in nov. I wanted to know what do u mean by kaplan review notes. I checked in kaptest.com, where it says kaplan lecture notes..Is it the same? If no, where can I find this book??
Thanx in advance.. Looking forward to your reply.

Hi! I actually have one book, that I don`t need! If you`re interested pls e-mail me - [email protected].

Hi dentok" great appreciationon your result.
You just used newer Dental Deck, and what year is your dental deck, and it's diffrent from 2006.
Can you send me newer dental deck
thank you.

congrats!
Question: Do you still have all your study material - books of course. Is it for sale. Pls pm me if it is available

thanks

well i graduated 7 years ago and came to canada 6 mos back.i studied 12-14 hrs daily from the following books:
1. know the newer dental decks through and through.
2. biochemistry-lippincott
3. microbiology and pathology-kaplan (and lange as reference)
4. dental anatomy -kaplan and wheelers 3d cd
5. anatomy - kaplan
6. plus i did all the released papers twice to be honest
steinbacher - q and a -not very helpful
no other book is helpful .as I also know about crack the nbde , a friend of mine owns it he says not so helpful and i do agree with him.
just stick to the basic concepts .
i prepared everything in 4 months.
lay more stress on scoring topics in microbiology,physiology,DA and anatomy
brainstorm on immunology,virology, physiology concepts in every system esp.respiratory,renal,gastrointestinal system,hormones
path-respiratory
biochem-cycles ,related diseases,aminoacids
try to complete biochem first and keep it for restudying for last 2 days
path the second then physiology which u need badly for conceptual questions everywhere.and last but not the least each aspect of dental anatomy.
after this i completed the decks 3-4 times and kept those decks aside which i regularly forgot for last moment
no need to do theory books for dental anatomy
then last month for tests that are timed exactly as on test day though old tests are of no use these days do them if u have time.newer tests are of greater help.
then i did steinbacher q and a which was helpful only in a few concepts
i think 4 months are enough for this may be 5 months to the maximum.
congrats on the great score wanted to ask u about what u ment by old exams being not usefull.... those of the 70s and 80s???

hi there
this is amor,egypt,third dental year...
am going to do (NBDE 1) next january 2010,i got those MCQs with their explained answers by the ASAD,with the previous exams of the NBDE 1 by the ADA,i feel this is enough,and that i won't need to get to do all those text books such as kaplan or so on...please let me know what you think!
thanks in advance
amor
x

Hello!
What is steinbacher q? and what is the anatomy cd you mentioned?? Can u please tell me? Also is biochem enough in the kaplan book?? or lippincott should be done?? Its so long:) For the others like u said decks, exams, and kaplan book is enough?

hi shika,
a lot of people seem to be confused about kaplan
I used Kaplan review notes 2009 which comes as a single book not much different from older ones except few additions and deletions.
I have new one as i joined kaplan 3 months course
it is not dentessentials or first aid
u can have ASDA from H-M released from anywhere:thumbup:
Hello! congrats,that's nice.I have a question for you.Did you attend the Kaplan 3 month video lecture course which also include lecture notes? if so,was it of any help to you in preparation for the exam?Please i need your advice. Thanks

well i graduated 7 years ago and came to canada 6 mos back.i studied 12-14 hrs daily from the following books:
5. anatomy - kaplan
no other book is helpful .as I also know about crack the nbde , a friend of mine owns it he says not so helpful and i do agree with him.
brainstorm on immunology,virology, physiology concepts in every system esp.respiratory,renal,gastrointestinal system,hormones
path-respiratory
path the second then physiology which u need badly for conceptual questions everywhere.and last but not the least each aspect of dental anatomy.
after this i completed the decks 3-4 times and kept those decks aside which i regularly forgot for last moment
then last month for tests that are timed exactly as on test day though old tests are of no use these days do them if u have time.newer tests are of greater help.

Hey....Highly impressive indeed. Congratulations for such remarkable scores!!
When you say "know the decks through and through" do you actually mean that you learned ALL of the decks -as in all the extra texts behind every card?.....I am just thinking that there are certainly ALOT of details and particular terms presented in some areas.....

Plz advice.

Take care and GOOD LUCK!!:)

/Ruby

hi dentok
congrats for ur grtt score
can u tell me did joinig kaplan was helpful to u
i m also frm india and graduated in 03
so its been a long time
i dont know how to start so will kaplan be useful
also plz tell me online course be helpful
bcoz i have a baby so i want to go online
plzzz help

Congratulations dentok!!!
It was very helpful of you to share your experience!
I'm preparing for Part 1 and i'm planning to give it in 2010.The question is when did you take the date of your exam?Was it before you started the prep or when you were half way through your prep??
I would really appreciate your reply and it would guide me too..
Thanks,
acedent.

hii dentok,im retaker so i wanted to know the books you referred for anatomy.Did you solely do from kaplan and just referred netters?Where did you do dental tmj and occlusion?since it was quite tough.
thanks

hi friends
i'm so happy i scored 99 -comp score in NBDE-1 . i had appeared on ou come to june 10 ,2009...........its a dream come true.:laugh::laugh:
Hi I might be late in congratulating yo but, just registered so,I hope you'll excuse me.I am really feeling being helped reading your study plan ,and bit coutious about "tricky"questions that too multiple choice ones.How do you come to conclusion which is the right answer when few of the choices seem identically correct?Please throw light on it.Thank you :)

Plsss guide me m in dilemma...
Which all questions I shd practice....
Frm whr i can asda released n unreleased papers and ASDA h- m as u hv mentioned...
thanx...

5. anatomy - kaplan
path-respiratory

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
can u tell me which kalpan book u used to study

i confused.
please tell me as soon as u can

Hi dentok, I havent seen any post from u lately. I've been trying to send some private msg's on SDN. doesnt look like it's going through. can u plz let me know if u got them or not?

hello dentok, ur score s a beamer. mny congratulations for it, if u r still here, plz help me with it so that i can post next time with the q's. thanks.:)