yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

path19

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone else get a follow-up letter from yale saying that all the faculty members and residents that met you were impressed and think that you will be a very good addition to their program?

do you think they mean it or do they send it to everyone?

either way, i'll take what i can get!

Members don't see this ad.

LOL. that sounds like total fluff.

or maybe i'm just bitter that they were my first rejection.......

either way, when you go there...you should say "i heard you guys all talk about me and how great i am" hahaha

cheers

actually i did go there, they sent it AFTER the interview. or did you mean "go there" as in go there for residency?

riri, i'm sure you're right about it not meaning much either way. i was just curious if others got the same thing.

but hey, it never hurts to have your ego massaged a little, right? i'm thinking about using it as leverage and telling every other program i go see that i'm yale's top recruit. actually, i should just fax a copy of the letter to them all now ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yale sents the letter to every candidate. It does not mean too much.

Originally posted by dalian
Yale sents the letter to every candidate. It does not mean too much.

shhhh, let path19 get massaged! :laugh:

path19...ohhh, i thought it was before the interview....nice one! maybe if you go for a 2nd visit...they will greet you with french kisses! ;)

I disagree. If they thought you were a dick they would not have sent the letter.

They are genuinely interested.

Originally posted by path19
did anyone else get a follow-up letter from yale saying that all the faculty members and residents that met you were impressed and think that you will be a very good addition to their program?

No, but I did get bodychecked into a wall by one of the Cleveland Clinic residents. To each program their own, I guess.:D

Originally posted by Adrian Cocot
No, but I did get bodychecked into a wall by one of the Cleveland Clinic residents. To each program their own, I guess.:D

what you talkin bout willis?

Originally posted by path19
what you talkin bout willis?

The Clinic doesn't really send out any letters to prospective candidates saying how much or how little they liked you. The residents, on the other hand, (who body check each other somewhat habitually) will body check rotating students if they approve of them. I was also told that I should gain 20 lbs before starting residency so I wouldn't be such a pushover.

Now that's my kind of place.