Yale School of Public Health - Health Management

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwdl4life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any current/former students of YSPH - Health Management track? I'm considering it, but I've been hearing some mixed things about the track. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you'd like, PM me with your email and I'll forward your information to a student in the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I literally have heard of no one else on the boards who has been admitted. Very bizarre.

I chose Management as my second choice track behind Policy. My app has been complete for over 4 weeks now, I havent heard back yet.

I chose Management as my second choice track behind Policy. My app has been complete for over 4 weeks now, I havent heard back yet.

I feel your pain. My app has been complete for almost 2 weeks now. I've decided if I don't hear anything by the end of this week that it's probably not the best sign.

I applied to Policy and Management too, have not heard back either... concerned... They also said me that there are no fund opportunities for International students... seems that Harvard has more aids for the some program..

I too applied policy first, management second and haven't heard anything. App complete 1/19..

I applied for SBS and then Management and I didn't even get any notification of receiving or completion...should I be worried??

I believe I've seen one or two Management track acceptances on here. I have seen no Policy acceptances and none on grad cafe either. I haven't seen any rejections from any department.

Hmm, no news is better than bad news! :thumbup:

I called the admissions department today. They checked my status and told me my app (Policy) was still under review and a decision has not been made yet. This could mean 3 things for those on edge like me.

1) The Policy department makes all of their decisions at once, and that hasn't happened yet. - Possible, considering we haven't seen any Policy admits on here.
2) I was rejected, and they just didn't want to break it to me over the phone.
3) Those who haven't been selected (me) won't be classified as "no" until the end of the process, but are essentially rejected.

Let's hope its #1.

E-mailed yesterday to ask about the status, got an e-mail today saying thanks, but no thanks. Oh well! Figured it was a long shot anyway. First rejection so far.

It is still early for Yale. . They will probably send out more acceptances/notifications at the end of the month. It is a small program where the faculty does a lot of grant based research and there have been some pretty important deadlines in the last month. My guess is the admin committee just isn't meeting as frequently. Depending on your interests, the management track is probably a better investment. If you start in management and don't like it, you can always switch to policy. It is very difficult to switch to management after the first semester if you want to graduate in two years.

All,

I have seen posts with regards to HMP at Yale. I was in the same position as most/many/all of you. I chose Yale over Michigan(MHSA), Minnesota(MHA), Columbia(MPH) and John's Hopkins(MHA).

Please feel free to contact me in case any of you need clarifications on the HMP program at Yale.

Email: [email protected]

Cheers !

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
I am admitted to Health Mgt program.I also got admission offer from Michigan.Totally confused about which one to choose.I attended Michigan for their Visit day and also "Open house" at Yale.I am quite impressed with yale student community,vibe and the whole University.But my only concern is Yale's ranking and the placement options.Any suggestions?????

Hi,
I am admitted to Health Mgt program.I also got admission offer from Michigan.Totally confused about which one to choose.I attended Michigan for their Visit day and also "Open house" at Yale.I am quite impressed with yale student community,vibe and the whole University.But my only concern is Yale's ranking and the placement options.Any suggestions?????

even i would like information about that...!!