Yale-G's Refined Clinical Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fsissoho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI...anyone here used Yale -G's Refined Clinal Review for step 2 and 3? I read somewhere that it was suppose to be better than FA. Can anyone give first hand experience because I am interested in buying the book and appreciae any input. Havent seen it physically yet...thanks:):xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I always give the same advice for Step II.

UWorld + First aid

OR

UWorld + Step-Up

While any other book you may find (Crush, Secrets, "Yale -Gs" [which by the way, I had never heard of until your post]) MIGHT be good. It MIGHT even be better. But First Aid and Step-Up have been tested time and time again and proven to be successful. Everyone and their mother who has used these resources has done well.

If you want to add another book on top of this combo set, go for it. I am always leary of looking for the diamond in the rough. Its probably just some quartz...

I must admit the book looks quite intriguing. I was going through some of the free portion for viewing on their website and its interesting.

The concept behind it (supposedly someone took notes from step2 books like crush and Kaplan LN, and qbanks like UWorld, and made a book) sounds promising.

It looks like a homemade product, with wierd abbreviations at times, and no pitcures, etc. But with the current step 2 resources being soo incomplete (aside from maybe MTB), it might be worth a look... However, without results and feedback from ppl who previously used the book and their scores, its a big risk for a person currently studying for the test to take on.

Anyone with the book like to share a comment?

Last edited: