Yale anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

On my way out

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking for info about this program. I've heard everything from it is a truly top tier program to it's mid to low tier at best (heard this mostly from UConn students, I suspect they were talkin trash, but you never know!!). I was just wondering, as i would think the Yale name would mean something. How are the resident work hours, didactics etc? How does it compare to UConn? How are grads from this program viewed? I'm just trying to gather info now, i am mostly interested about programs in the NE, especially Connecticut since I have family there. thanks, any insight would be great!!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely a better reputation than UConn, Yale is harder working as well, but not 'malignant'. I interviewed at Yale (but not UConn), residents seemed happy, and very satisfied with their level of training. Cardiac is a strong point there. World famous faculty including Dr. Barash. Program a strong player in anesthesia for years, alumni everywhere, including out west. Not considered a top tier program, I'd say upper tier/mid-tier, with bonus points because of the Yale name. You would get a great training there for sure, but more prestigious programs in the east are in NYC, Boston, and Baltimore. Just one man's opinion. :cool:

Thanks for the reply blocks. How about anyone else willing to chime in???

Members don't see this ad :)
I matched at Yale anesthesiology program for year 2006 and I am elated.
My experience was very much similar to the above post.
I found a really happy bunch of residents over there,which was most important to me.
Each and every resident was selling his/her program with no faculty memeber around which I thought was awesome.
I felt the faculty is really gifted,being a woman ,I was totally fascinated with Dr Hines,truly a pioneer.
I was interviewed by Dr Barash who is well known in the anesthesiology circles.
The name was an attraction too and so were the research options.
Since I am more interested in a faculty position,the name would be big help.

Hi there,

I was hoping someone could comment on the perks & benefits that the residents @ Yale receive. I was recently scouring Frieda and the info regarding this info is sparse.

Specifically I was interested in
1. salary
2. call schedule
3. moonlighting?
4. didactic schedule
5. parking?
6. meals?
7. educational funds (conferences,books, PDA's)
8. medical/dental insurance for resident and family
9. vacation/ sick days?

I'm a little puzzled why Yale doesn't list this info? Are they hiding anything? Or is this info given at the interview? Just curious...especially since all the other programs I've been looking into provides this info through Freida.

Thanks for any help!!

having lived in new haven for 5 years (working, then grad school), please also take into consideration that going to Yale for your residency means you have to live in new haven for 3 years.

and if you don't understand why that is an issue... you will :)

and yeah, i have an interview there, would love to match, yadda yadda, but i really don't know if i can stand 06511 for another 3 year tour of duty.

Trisomy13 said:
having lived in new haven for 5 years (working, then grad school), please also take into consideration that going to Yale for your residency means you have to live in new haven for 3 years.

and if you don't understand why that is an issue... you will :)

and yeah, i have an interview there, would love to match, yadda yadda, but i really don't know if i can stand 06511 for another 3 year tour of duty.

Hey Trisomy13, don't keep us in suspense...........please elaborate.

thanks

On my way out said:
Hey Trisomy13, don't keep us in suspense...........please elaborate.

thanks

heh... it's just that New Haven has it's charm but it can be a rough little city. at least when i was there. plenty of crime, some crazy neighborhoods. the med school is nice though. it's the kind of city that wears on you after a while.

Trisomy13 said:
heh... it's just that New Haven has it's charm but it can be a rough little city. at least when i was there. plenty of crime, some crazy neighborhoods. the med school is nice though. it's the kind of city that wears on you after a while.

I was there for a summer program. The area surrounding the med school and collegetown I thought was very nice. Where exactly are the sketchy areas? And what kind of crime are you talking about?

E'02 said:
I was there for a summer program. The area surrounding the med school and collegetown I thought was very nice. Where exactly are the sketchy areas? And what kind of crime are you talking about?

the areas immediately northwest of campus deteriorate from student housing to high traffic street drug dealing in a matter of blocks. Gilbert Street is notorious for drive-up drug purchases. the first 10-20 blocks of Whalley Ave and Dixwell Ave are sketchy as well. I lived there from 1996-2001. At this time I was told crime was on the decline, and that Whalley Ave had been a "warzone" during the preceding decade. This was told to me by a policeman who asked why I was shopping at that particular Walgreens (I guess I looked like a college student, but I was not, and happened to live in that neighborhood). During my time there I eye-witnessed two muggings, had my car broken into twice, attempted once, heard gunfire on three separate occasions (real gunshots, not a car backfiring), and after seeing a guy attacked in my parking lot heard his buddy yell "i'mma go get the gun". Fair Haven is home to a "fair" amount of small time drug dealers, and East Haven and West Haven seem to be run-down for the most part.

Granted, downtown New Haven and the immediate Yale campus are very charming, and I enjoy that area immensely. Theatre, restaurants, tons of culture for a small town, and probably the best pizza in the country (actually, not probably, definitely, even better than new york pizza). Some areas that are reasonably close and nice - Hamden, Westville, East Rock. I just found that the general population there had an unpleasant attitude.

But if you ever want to get high on your bus ride into work, just wait til 9 and sit in the back with the high school kids. lots of disaffected youth rolling blunts on the public transportation

and if a lot of this post seems to be around the criminality of drugs in new haven it's because i was dating a relative of a police officer there and heard a lot of stories. as a matter of fact her child's father was a victim of a murder a few years before i met her.

ooh and don't forget the overzealous cops who shot Malik Jones in the head while he sat in his car, and the still-unsolved brutal murder of undergraduate student Suzanne Jovin in one of the nicer neighborhood's adjacent to Yale.

that being said... don't let me deter you from your interest in Yale :) i had a lot of good times there, and will consider it again for residency, but I just like to warn people that it is not quite the rustic little new england collegetown that a lot of people expect. there's plenty of dirt under the carpet. i think with that, I should bow out of this thread, before I unearth anymore repressed memories of new haven. ;) i don't want to scare myself away before i even get back there.

Trisomy13 said:
as a matter of fact her child's father was a victim of a murder a few years before i met her.

The proper term, in New Haven at least, is "baby daddy."

Wow- I appreciate your response. I live in Spanish Harlem, NYC and haven't witnessed all of that. SpaHa aesthetically makes New Haven look like an upper-class neighborhood. Then again, being a med student and oblivious to my surroundings and current events (although as a 4th yr, I'm undergoing a slow reemergence to the world again), maybe those things were going around.

I'm a little nervous now, especially since my younger sis just moved to New haven last weekend as she has a job at the med school. But she's just one block down in an apt complex. Regardless though, I will definitely give Yale a chance and am really really looking forward to my interview there.

I have heard Yale is notorious for "stacking" junior and senior residents in the same cases. I have also heard that Yale doesn't have the surgical volume to support the number of residents they match every year. Can any speak to the truth of either statement?

Members don't see this ad :)
fedor said:
The proper term, in New Haven at least, is "baby daddy."

haha.. i actually considered saying 'baby daddy' because it is indeed very new havenesque.

and somewhat appropriate in the situation.

E'02 said:
Wow- I appreciate your response. I live in Spanish Harlem, NYC and haven't witnessed all of that. SpaHa aesthetically makes New Haven look like an upper-class neighborhood. Then again, being a med student and oblivious to my surroundings and current events (although as a 4th yr, I'm undergoing a slow reemergence to the world again), maybe those things were going around.

I'm a little nervous now, especially since my younger sis just moved to New haven last weekend as she has a job at the med school. But she's just one block down in an apt complex. Regardless though, I will definitely give Yale a chance and am really really looking forward to my interview there.

i don't want to make it sound like a total disaster. i think the reason it left such an impression on me is that it is a tougher town than i expected for it's size and location. and it sounds like your sister has a nice apartment at the Taft building, with a 24 hr doorman. no worries there :)

I'm a resident right now at Yale and I don't think it's as bad as these other posts make it sound. I'm not in love with this place, but it certainly isn't a warzone. Yes, 10 years ago the crime was pretty bad from what I heard, but there have been dramatic changes since then. Since Bush's daughter was going to school here they cleaned up the place a ton. tons of little coffee shops and restaraunts everywhere. i ride my bike to work every morning. The payne whiteny gym is awesome. students are out walking everywhere at night. I think there are some sketchy zones as mentioned above but its far off the downtown area and Ive never even been over there.

i have heard that Uconn bashes our program in front of their interviewees, but maybe that says something bad about them. I think this program is strong and you learn how to take care of ridiculously sick people. There is some doubling up of the junior and senior residents but it's usually in CABG's or other more comlicated cases which I think is appropriate. I'd rather see a bunch of CABG's now as a CA-1 along with another resident than not any until next year. So far, the senior resident has been so comfortable that they just sit back and let me try and do everything.

I think we get 6-7 calls/month and you're out the door at 7:30 AM. it could be more or less depending on the rotation. I start my day around 6:15 or 6:30. We get out a little later, like between 5 or 6 and occasionally 7. but the call is so much sweeter than internship that we fight over trying to take more call to get that luxorious post-call day.

SICU is supposedly a rough month, but you wont work over 80 hours or they'll freak out. The call team has excellent camraderie and I've never been abandoned during the night. they always get me out to eat and for breaks. This place is not really malignant. There's a couple of weirdos but mostly everyone has a very professional attitude.

what else...my stipend this year is roughly 47,500. we get book and travel money. oh yea, the oral board reviews are supposed to be exemplary. you get to sit in front of guys like barash and a few others that are double and triple-boarded that wrote textbooks that grill you and get you super primed to rock the boards.

what else do you guys want to know?

thanksall for the great info

how realistic is it to live say 15-20 minutes away and commute? are there decent suburbs around the new haven center that my wife can walk our baby without worrying?

fishtolive said:
thanksall for the great info

how realistic is it to live say 15-20 minutes away and commute? are there decent suburbs around the new haven center that my wife can walk our baby without worrying?

very realistic. there are several good neighborhoods within a 15-20 minute drive that are family-friendly. Hamden, Westville, a few others make for a quick commute.

and the resident is correct about Payne-Whitney Gym being a great facility. I had forgotten about that.

I arrived in New Haven in 1996 and left in 2001, and it's good to hear that the town has cleaned up (presumably because of the Bush daughters? I forgot about them also. Now if I could only forget about Bush.) It was still pretty ugly when I left, although improving.

if the town has improved a lot that's good news, and i'll bump it up higher on my list again :)

now my question for any residents there.... which is your favorite pizza joint? mine... Modern's Apizza - better than Sally's AND Pepe's :)

supahfresh said:
I'm a resident right now at Yale and I don't think it's as bad as these other posts make it sound. I'm not in love with this place, but it certainly isn't a warzone. Yes, 10 years ago the crime was pretty bad from what I heard, but there have been dramatic changes since then. Since Bush's daughter was going to school here they cleaned up the place a ton. tons of little coffee shops and restaraunts everywhere. i ride my bike to work every morning. The payne whiteny gym is awesome. students are out walking everywhere at night. I think there are some sketchy zones as mentioned above but its far off the downtown area and Ive never even been over there.

i have heard that Uconn bashes our program in front of their interviewees, but maybe that says something bad about them. I think this program is strong and you learn how to take care of ridiculously sick people. There is some doubling up of the junior and senior residents but it's usually in CABG's or other more comlicated cases which I think is appropriate. I'd rather see a bunch of CABG's now as a CA-1 along with another resident than not any until next year. So far, the senior resident has been so comfortable that they just sit back and let me try and do everything.

I think we get 6-7 calls/month and you're out the door at 7:30 AM. it could be more or less depending on the rotation. I start my day around 6:15 or 6:30. We get out a little later, like between 5 or 6 and occasionally 7. but the call is so much sweeter than internship that we fight over trying to take more call to get that luxorious post-call day.

SICU is supposedly a rough month, but you wont work over 80 hours or they'll freak out. The call team has excellent camraderie and I've never been abandoned during the night. they always get me out to eat and for breaks. This place is not really malignant. There's a couple of weirdos but mostly everyone has a very professional attitude.

what else...my stipend this year is roughly 47,500. we get book and travel money. oh yea, the oral board reviews are supposed to be exemplary. you get to sit in front of guys like barash and a few others that are double and triple-boarded that wrote textbooks that grill you and get you super primed to rock the boards.

what else do you guys want to know?

Thank you for all the info guys :) I have a couple of questions:
1. Supafresh and trisomy do you live nearby? Do you have cars ?
2. What is the curriculum like - i.e. heavy didactics offered during protected time, or is the focus on hands-on training?
3. How supportive and available are faculty during OR time? Do you have a mentor system during PGY1?
4. Do most residents do research?
5. How close if your class - do you hang out together, etc?
6. Where did you guys do your intern year?
7. What made you chose Yale?
8. Any suggestions as to how to prepare for the interview?

E'02 said:
2. What is the curriculum like - i.e. heavy didactics offered during protected time, or is the focus on hands-on training?
3. How supportive and available are faculty during OR time? Do you have a mentor system during PGY1?

I thought I will add some mute points of mine as well

I am starting as CA1 at Yale next year,I live (right near the yale new Haven hospital )on prospect street.
Yes I do have a car ,but if I wanted I could use a bike to reach the hospital
I am doing my internship in Griffin which is a 20 min drive everyday
Usually PGY1s choose St.Raphael for their internship which is right in New Haven
The Yale campus has a lot to offer,Just the other day we went to the yale cabaret where you can eat and see some Yale school of drama graduates perform
We walk our dog all around the campus which is pretty
Yes there are some shady areas,so don't go there!!!!
The campus is always buzzing with energy and the food in the downtown is good
Try modern A pizza and all the vendors near yale school af management and near the hospital
Good luck for next year

E'02 said:

all good questions but i can only answer the first one because i am not a resident there. i worked there for three years and got my MPH there from 1999-2001. During that time I lived "nearby" meaning about halfway between downtown New Haven and Westville, if you look on a map. It was about a 5-10 minute drive depending on the lights, but i mostly took the bus because it was convenient.

and i can answer #7 in the sense that i had to choose Yale once already when i applied to MPH programs (i thought that was going to be my final degree so i was taking it seriously). don't overlook the name, as it does seem to open doors via the alumni route. i've had professors, residents, etc who went there and they all love to tell their yale stories. take into account that the name is known everywhere, and it does make a difference. on a more tangible level, Yale has a wealth of resources in many academic departments, so it always seemed like you could catch a conference or evening lecture on some random topic.

E'02 said:

I have a car and I also live nearby. I live 1 mile from the hospital.
CA-1 lectures every tues and thurs afternoon and grand round every wedness. not super heavy didactics but they do get you to the lectures.
faculty is very available but once they know you're competent, they seem to run and hide. ive heard horror stories about never getting a break but they're quite considerate thus far.

my class is awesome. i got a couple good buds that have fun making fun of our bad days and we lift weights everyday after work or go out drinking. i am super busy because of someone in my class always wanting to do something. whenever i take call, i set up at least 4 of my buddies rooms the next day so they can come in late. etc, etc. good camraderie.

i picked yale because colorado wouldnt interview me.

for the interview, come out with us the night before and have fun and see if you fit in.

supahfresh said:
for the interview, come out with us the night before and have fun and see if you fit in.

definitely, where are we going? :)

actually the more i post about new haven, i find myself having fonder memories. i used to live above Bentara and it was the best smelling apartment i ever rented.

Trisomy13 said:
definitely, where are we going? :)

actually the more i post about new haven, i find myself having fonder memories. i used to live above Bentara and it was the best smelling apartment i ever rented.

Bentara is incredible. I don't know what it is about new haven, but the food is great. Best pizza in the world. Modern is the best although Pepe's is the famous one and was believe the first pizza place in the US.

there is this new Cuban place called Soul de Cuba and they make these incredible mojitos and empanadas.

supahfresh said:
Bentara is incredible. I don't know what it is about new haven, but the food is great. Best pizza in the world. Modern is the best although Pepe's is the famous one and was believe the first pizza place in the US.

there is this new Cuban place called Soul de Cuba and they make these incredible mojitos and empanadas.

agreed. even if i am having a "bad new haven memory" day, i always qualify it with praise for the restaurant scene in new haven. even the carts in front of the hospital have some top notch food. one of the thai carts is amazing, and every once in a while that soul food cart shows up (or at least it used to).

if you like empanadas and haven't already found this place, check out El Pueblito at 193 Orange Ave. between new haven and west haven. it's pretty standard Colombian food (i.e. HUGE plates of eggs, meats, beans, avacado) and they have great pastries.

and now a real question... are the residents provided with free parking near the hospital?

supahfresh said:
I have a car and I also live nearby. I live 1 mile from the hospital.
CA-1 lectures every tues and thurs afternoon and grand round every wedness. not super heavy didactics but they do get you to the lectures.
faculty is very available but once they know you're competent, they seem to run and hide. ive heard horror stories about never getting a break but they're quite considerate thus far.

my class is awesome. i got a couple good buds that have fun making fun of our bad days and we lift weights everyday after work or go out drinking. i am super busy because of someone in my class always wanting to do something. whenever i take call, i set up at least 4 of my buddies rooms the next day so they can come in late. etc, etc. good camraderie.

i picked yale because colorado wouldnt interview me.

It's good to hear that Yale is treating you well and you seem to be enjoying the program. Thanks so much for your input. And yep, I'm psyched about attending the dinner - hope to see you guys there!

I had the best Thai buffet lunch last weekend in the collegetown - cheap and tasty. Too bad I can't remember the name :( And those food carts rock.

we have to pay 56 bucks a month to park in the garage which has covered walking to the hospital. i also use it to park my car in the evenings when im going out cuz its close to the bars downtown so its worth it for me.

yeah, things are pretty good here. there are things i like and things i dont like...like any program. one of the strong points is that we have great camaraderie. i like my classmates and those above me and we all go out together quite frequently.

Supa - Where were u for prelim yr and do you recommend it?

Hello, I am a first year resident at Yale, and to answer your questions,
salary is 47,500 this year and goes up by about 1,000 dollars per year.
call schedule is dependent on the time of year, but for the most part I have had about 6 calls a month on average, some not even overnight.
There is some moonlighting opportunities for upper level residents, mostly it is a dinner break resident who works 2 extra hours and gets paid approx $100. Not bad for two hours of work.
Parking is right next to the hospital, but it costs like $57 dollars a month, automatically deducted from your paycheck.
Didactics for CA1 are Tuesday and Thurday at 3pm, with grand rounds on wednesday, and Dr. Hines our chair meets every thursday morning at 6:30 to discuss an interesting case (optional).
You are given I believe $500 dollars on your ID card to eat for free in the Cafeteria, but the food carts outside are very cheap and excellent food.
The educational fund is great, we get an automatic $200 book fund when you arrive, then another $200 later in the year. But if you complete 100% of your post op checks each quarter, you can earn up to an extra $500 dollars in book money. This is really easy to do. There is also a $1,700 dollar fund separate from the book fund that becomes available in Sept. where you can use that money for books, travel, conferences ect.
Medical and dental provided.
Three weeks of vacation your first year, and 4weeks per year thereafter.
If your sick, your sick, you call in, but it is frowned upon if you abuse it.

Hope this helps.
I just want to say, I am extremely happy here at yale. Trust me, there is no shortage of cases. I work my ass off. I am on pace to do approx 600-700 cases my CA-1 year alone. If in the rare chance I get Stacked with an upper level, it is just an oportunity to see how someone else does things and they will answer any of your questions. There are big names here, and I get to interact with them on a daily basis. A lot of research comes out of yale, and with that, alot of opportunities to get your name on paper with some of the experts in the field.
New Haven, contrary to popular belief is a great little city. I lived in NYC for eight years, and in New Orleans for my internship, and granted New haven comes no where close to the amount of things these cities offer, it still has some fun bars, cool coffee shops, and surprisingly good restaurants (excellent pizza!). What New haven offers that the other two don't is an opportunity to buy a place to live during your residency. That is a good investment.
I really would encourage people to apply and check it out for yourselves.
Good Luck!!!!
And please respond with any questions.

On my way out said:
Hi there,

I was hoping someone could comment on the perks & benefits that the residents @ Yale receive. I was recently scouring Frieda and the info regarding this info is sparse.

Specifically I was interested in
1. salary
2. call schedule
3. moonlighting?
4. didactic schedule
5. parking?
6. meals?
7. educational funds (conferences,books, PDA's)
8. medical/dental insurance for resident and family
9. vacation/ sick days?

I'm a little puzzled why Yale doesn't list this info? Are they hiding anything? Or is this info given at the interview? Just curious...especially since all the other programs I've been looking into provides this info through Freida.

Thanks for any help!!

This is good stuff. Thanks for all the info, guys.

I'll be ranking programs according to their proximity to good Chinese food :) . Any good Chinese food in New Haven, guys?

jc237 said:
This is good stuff. Thanks for all the info, guys.

I'll be ranking programs according to their proximity to good Chinese food :) . Any good Chinese food in New Haven, guys?

i remember there being a number of fairly reliable take-out places for chinese food, and a couple of good restaurants, one of them in East Haven specifically.

new haven seems to have a disproportionately large number of quality thai restaurants for its size, so if you like good thai food, you're set.

not to mention a couple of top-notch malaysian joints, and at least one korean place with good food.

Trisomy13 said:
i remember there being a number of fairly reliable take-out places for chinese food, and a couple of good restaurants, one of them in East Haven specifically.

new haven seems to have a disproportionately large number of quality thai restaurants for its size, so if you like good thai food, you're set.

not to mention a couple of top-notch malaysian joints, and at least one korean place with good food.

Awesome. This is why you guys rock!!! I love Malaysian food. Roti canai and nasi lemak, anyone? :love:

supahfresh said:
we have to pay 56 bucks a month to park in the garage which has covered walking to the hospital. i also use it to park my car in the evenings when im going out cuz its close to the bars downtown so its worth it for me.

yeah, things are pretty good here. there are things i like and things i dont like...like any program. one of the strong points is that we have great camaraderie. i like my classmates and those above me and we all go out together quite frequently.

do you drive the car home intoxicated after that or do you just not drink when you go out. you stand around watching everyone else drink?? sounds like fun..

Just cab it and have a good time

davvid2700 said:
do you drive the car home intoxicated after that or do you just not drink when you go out. you stand around watching everyone else drink?? sounds like fun..

Just cab it and have a good time

actually, i forgot. when i go out, i usually walk or ride my bike. no sense in getting a dui. of course i suppose they could give me a dui for riding my bike home drunk.

and yes, we have good chinese, although the malayasian is better.

Trisomy13 said:
now my question for any residents there.... which is your favorite pizza joint? mine... Modern's Apizza - better than Sally's AND Pepe's :)

There's a joint in Meriden (of all places) called Sal's Apizza. The veggie pizza there is the best I've ever had in my life. Luna Pizza (Middletown location) had an insane happy hour (so cheap that the management must be clueless.)
The pizza was good, too.

Granted, these are not New Haven places, but they're worth the drive.

Are any of you at Yale for prelim? If so, how is it??

Care to elaborate?

My husband matched Yale '06 and we have three kids. I was hoping for insights on the housing situation, saftey (which has been touched on), schools, and commute. Specifically, East Rock, areas north of the river/bridge? (Branford, Guilford) vs. Milford, North Haven, Wallingford. Any advice on how to hook up with people regarding the housing situation that may be in our same situation (older kids) i.e., any liasons, chief residents, significant others group? Thanks for any advice!

Another question?
How bad is the SICU rotation?Does anesthesia cover MICU?
Please elaborate on the hours during the ICU rotation,just preparing myself for next year :scared:

Hey fellow applicants,

Has anybody tried calling the hotel referred to in the confirmation letter from Yale? I called them and told them I was interviewing with the Dept of Anesthesiology at Yale. They said, "OK, $84, that's the Yale rate." They didn't seem to know anything about any sort of arrangement with Yale anesthesiology! My impression from the letter was that the department was covering the cost of the room...do they cut us a check on the day of the interview or something?

Thanks guys.

bullard said:
Hey fellow applicants,

Has anybody tried calling the hotel referred to in the confirmation letter from Yale? I called them and told them I was interviewing with the Dept of Anesthesiology at Yale. They said, "OK, $84, that's the Yale rate." They didn't seem to know anything about any sort of arrangement with Yale anesthesiology! My impression from the letter was that the department was covering the cost of the room...do they cut us a check on the day of the interview or something?

Thanks guys.

I tried to book a room the other evening and was told that I need to call back during business hours (10-5) to speak with the sales manager who handles the Yale Dept. of Anesthesia deal. Maybe you need to speak to that person (I forget the name). I haven't called back yet, but I suspect that you got someone at the front desk who looked up the "Yale rate" and isn't familiar with the arrangement with the Dept. of Anesthesia. Just my guess.

Solid group of folks last night. We had a good time at Bar. Two of the applicants figured out that I was supahfresh which was pretty funny. Just look for the guy talking about skiing, surfing, and ice climbing.

is Miya on Howe St still open (sushi place)?

when i lived in NH i knew the owner there (not as well as my roommate did, that ho) so i had a great hookup for sushi and sake.

i wonder how a sake hangover would fly on the interview day...

locitamd said:
Yup, still there. :)

oh. that can be very dangerous. they have a sake machine that i was... very friendly with.

i wonder if Bun will still hook me up if i don't have a hot romanian roommate to bring with me...

Ventil8 said:
Any idea what kind of boards you need to have a shot at Yale?
Haven't heard that Yale has a cutoff, but the SDN member who is in the know should be back online by Thursday or Friday. If I speak to her before then, I'll ask and let you know.

I heard from a good source that there is a cutoff this year because the # of apps are way up, but I don't have a clue what it is. I think they're interviewing upwards of 150 people this year, if that helps.