Xavier University College of Pharmacy C/O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awww I know how you feel , I'm currently in the same situation now with health.... Writing? Hope not....

Members don't see this ad.

I do not know why Xavier does not have those college apartment near them ... I m currently living in those college apartment ... Everything is including even the furniture !!

I am also taking theology and health ethics at Xavier in the summer. It would be great if they were offered online bc that only gives me 2 weeks between Spring finals and moving there to start Summer classes. Ahh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke too soon! I got a letter in the mail today about Banner Web and email.

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh I went back home for spring break...

Last edited:
Hey guys, I didn't receive a letter regarding Banner Web or anything like that, so can someone post a picture of it, if you don't mind? And also, how are we suppose to register for summer classes? Do we have to submit another transfer application?

Anybody knows how to view the summer A classes that Xavier offers ? ?

Thank you Jess, really appreciate your help

Guys how do you access email? Do use your 9000 number or email address they assigned? Also, do use DOB or pin# that you setup on Banner WEB??

Nevermind...Xavier's IT guy just helped me!!! Its your email address they assigned and the password is the last 5 digits of your 9000 number!!!

Does anyone know when we are able to register for classes and which Theology class we are suppose to take?

Reactions: 1 users
I think you have to go on campus and it's one day before the semester start, I think any of them but I will take the easy one , lower level.... Hope there's no essay in that class

Members don't see this ad :)
OK ...That sucks and I dislike writing classes too. Thanks

Does anyone know how to set up xula email on the iPhone?
Its really tricky!! We had one girl set up all our phones for us one day!
Incoming mail server
Host Name: mail.xula.edu
username: the one they gave you without the @xula.edu part
Password: your password

Outgoing mail server
SMTP: mail.xula.edu

Thats it! Let me know if that works!

Its really tricky!! We had one girl set up all our phones for us one day!
Incoming mail server
Host Name: mail.xula.edu
username: the one they gave you without the @xula.edu part
Password: your password

Outgoing mail server
SMTP: mail.xula.edu

Thats it! Let me know if that works!
That worked! Thanks so much!

I noticed that early registration for the first Summer session begins tomorrow, Monday March 31st. Is anyone doing this? If so how do you go about it? I don't like that we register the day before classes, it's too last minute. Lol.

If you want to see when it will let you register go to Banner Web, its the same username and password you used for your application (should be at least), from there go to registration then to add/drop and try and if it won't let you register at that point it should tell you when it will let you. We register today so y'all may be able to.

Awesome, Thanks for all your help!
If you want to see when it will let you register go to Banner Web, its the same username and password you used for your application (should be at least), from there go to registration then to add/drop and try and if it won't let you register at that point it should tell you when it will let you. We register today so y'all may be able to.
wesom

Class 2018...congrats guys. I am a P1 and just curious if anyone of u guys looking for roommate. I live in a really safe and clean area. Not far from school and the price is fair. I am male .....anyone interested reply me back. The apt will also available for summer if you plan to attend summer classes. Thank you and good luck!

Hey Guys!! For those of you who are attending summer classes at Xavier, which Religion class are you guys going to take. I'm thinking Comparative Religion Theo 2100 starting 5/27. Also has anyone submitted the immunization form yet

Does anyone know when we will schedule our classes for the fall? Am I understanding correctly… to schedule summer courses we have to go to XULA on the 26th and schedule in person? Is that right? Will scheduling for the fall be the same? Also does anyone know what the typical 1st schedule is like for a P1? How many classes do we take and do we go every day of the week, etc? Does everyone have the same schedule or do we have different options to choose from?

Does anyone know when we will schedule our classes for the fall? Am I understanding correctly… to schedule summer courses we have to go to XULA on the 26th and schedule in person? Is that right? Will scheduling for the fall be the same? Also does anyone know what the typical 1st schedule is like for a P1? How many classes do we take and do we go every day of the week, etc? Does everyone have the same schedule or do we have different options to choose from?

I think is like 7 classes and I think it's the same schedule but different time.... Everyone will pick from the block schedule ... You can transfer up to 7 credits .

There are 6 classes: Intro to Pharmacy, Pharmacy Calculations, Biochemistry, Anatomy and Physiology 1, Biostatistics, and Immunology. With 1 lab in anatomy and physiology. And you first IPPE rotation which also has a seminar class attached to it. They will schedule your first semester for you so you don't have a choice on what your schedule is like. Half of the class will have class at one time and the other half will have it at another time. Basically your having class when the other half is having another class and vice versa. You can transfer in Biochemistry, Biostatistics or Anatomy and Physiology 1 (however I wouldn't recommend that unless you are a pro in A&P. the second semester of A&P relies heavily on the first).
As far as summer classes go I think unfortunately you have to go sign up for them the day before.

Oh ok, by the way can you transfer A&P 2 and Lab instead?

There are 6 classes: Intro to Pharmacy, Pharmacy Calculations, Biochemistry, Anatomy and Physiology 1, Biostatistics, and Immunology. With 1 lab in anatomy and physiology. And you first IPPE rotation which also has a seminar class attached to it. They will schedule your first semester for you so you don't have a choice on what your schedule is like. Half of the class will have class at one time and the other half will have it at another time. Basically your having class when the other half is having another class and vice versa. You can transfer in Biochemistry, Biostatistics or Anatomy and Physiology 1 (however I wouldn't recommend that unless you are a pro in A&P. the second semester of A&P relies heavily on the first).
As far as summer classes go I think unfortunately you have to go sign up for them the day before.

Thanks! Do we go everyday? How many hours is it?

What theology class are you going to sign up? Me. , I'm thinking of Theo 2002..... Do not like online classes at all

Thanks! Do we go everyday? How many hours is it?
The first semester we went M-Th with the seminar only on Friday. It was 17 hours. We weren't really there all day but half of the class had to come in early and the other half had to stay late so it kind of sucked that way. But this semester we were there all day which really sucked. Especially if we had an exam (which all start at 8) we would be there from 8-5 sometimes because our labs were at the end of the day after 4 classes before that… ROUGH!

Does anyone know where in Metairie that I can find one studio apartment that including some utilities and plus no car theft?

The schedule is up 13 hours credits ... That's wonderful

Just checked my schedule on BannerWeb and it looks like I'm in section C. Anyone else in section C?

Are you a student looking for a roommate? If so, please let me know ASAP! My email is [email protected] .. Thank you

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is somewhere we can go on BannerWeb to see what prereqs we have left to complete? I'm not sure if they gave me credit for my theology course. Or is there someone I could email or call that could check out this info?

The first semester we went M-Th with the seminar only on Friday. It was 17 hours. We weren't really there all day but half of the class had to come in early and the other half had to stay late so it kind of sucked that way. But this semester we were there all day which really sucked. Especially if we had an exam (which all start at 8) we would be there from 8-5 sometimes because our labs were at the end of the day after 4 classes before that… ROUGH!

Jess,
Do you know if there is somewhere we can go on BannerWeb to see what prereqs we have left to complete? I'm not sure if they gave me credit for my theology course. Or is there someone I could email or call that could check out this info? Thanks!

Jess,
Do you know if there is somewhere we can go on BannerWeb to see what prereqs we have left to complete? I'm not sure if they gave me credit for my theology course. Or is there someone I could email or call that could check out this info? Thanks!

On banner you can go to Student>student records>academic transcript and see if they have it there. If not you can email Dr. Barbre and she can let you know.

All if the theology classes being offered this summer are 2000 level. Will that be a problem?

Does anyone know what other loans or options are available for paying for school besides federal aid?

If
Does anyone know what other loans or options are available for paying for school besides federal aid?
if you find out let me know I have researched everywhere. I have to pay out of pocket because I'm not eligible for financial aid right now so if you find out something let me know.

If
if you find out let me know I have researched everywhere. I have to pay out of pocket because I'm not eligible for financial aid right now so if you find out something let me know.
Y'all should look into private student loans. They have them through Discover, Wells Fargo and a ton others. Just google private student loans.

Y'all should look into private student loans. They have them through Discover, Wells Fargo and a ton others. Just google private student loans.
Hi does the financial aid package offered covered most of the costs or did you have to take out private & plus loans in addition to cover everything?

Hi does the financial aid package offered covered most of the costs or did you have to take out private & plus loans in addition to cover everything?
It kind of depends on your situation. If you are from Louisiana and have TOPS and have not used all of your award you can apply that. Or if you have scholarships from other things you can apply that also. But for the most part you will have to take out a private loan. As a P1 you are still not considered a graduate or professional student in federal aid eyes so you can not apply for the graduate PLUS loans or any medical professional loans. However I am not sure if you can do a Parent Plus loan. You may have to email Ms. Veals in the financial aid office for that one.

Hey guys! I know many of you on this forum are current students.. I am finishing up most of the pre-requisites needed to apply... I intend to apply next fall and over the course of the next year I will be doing a lot of volunteer work because I feel it may help since that always looks good on an application. I am hoping to get a job soon in a pharmacy because I feel ill need the work experience to apply! I was wondering if anyone had advice as far as how many hours of volunteer work I should strive to do & how many letters of recommendation I should try and have before applying??

I REALLY need to get in to Xavier the first time I apply.... It is my only option since I cannot move away for school... any other advice is greatly appreciated.
Hoping someone can share what they had as far as GPA,scores, experience, etc when they were accepted. As you can tell im extremely worried and anxious! lol
MSG ME IF YOU CAN ON HERE :)
Thanks & god bless.

Hi! I am currently working on applying to Xavier now. I am only in my sophomore year of college because I have always wanted to go to pharmacy school at XULA so I have only taken the required prerequisite courses. So far (not including this semester- Fall 2014) I have completed 35 hours of coursework. I am worried though because right now my science GPA is 2.74. I'm wondering if any of you that have already been accepted have ever heard of anyone being considered/accepted with just below a 2.75 GPA? If I try applying now with the 2.74 am I just wasting my time and money and better off waiting and applying next year once I've got more courses under my belt? I was also wondering if I pulled up my science GPA with the classes I'm taking this semester would I be given an opportunity to submit my updated transcript in December and possibly be considered for a spring interview? Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.