Xavier University College of Pharmacy C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello you all that had your interviews, can you please share your infos like GPA and statistics please.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody tried calling them to see when they will be sending out the letters? The holidays are over so I am now so anxious to find out!

I am too! But, after the interview they did say from feb-April. If you don't hear by feb, it doesn't mean that you didn't get in or wait listed or rejected bc you could just happen to be in the second batch. And when they send out the results its not in alphabetical order. I'm anxious as well. Counting down the days :nervous:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard about Spring interviews???

That's awesome! Congrats! Has anyone received any news from the fall interview?

Has anyone heard anything from the fall interviews? The waiting game is just killing me.

Is anyone interviewing for Feb. 15 and if so what should be expected. Like interview setup, questions etc. thanks

I know what you mean the waiting game is killing me as well. I am hoping the mailed things out today being that it was the 1st of February. That's what they did last year and they told me they hope to hold close to what last years cycle was like. My friends who were accepted last cycle got their mail on February 3rd so I am guessing they mailed out of february 1st.

I'm so nervous!

I want to call and ask but I am never off of work before they leave for the day. It's driving me crazy because I have friends who got their acceptance letters from fall interviews last year of February 3rd 2012.

Last edited:
I found out that we won't be hearing until after they interview the spring interviews. I don't understand why they have two sets of interviews so far apart if they don't let the earlier set know. They wait so late you almost can't apply or go anywhere else if you don't get in. I don't think that is fair to the students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out that we won't be hearing until after they interview the spring interviews. I don't understand why they have two sets of interviews so far apart if they don't let the earlier set know. They wait so late you almost can't apply or go anywhere else if you don't get in. I don't think that is fair to the students.

I don't think that's fair at all! Why are they doing that? Now it leaves me to wonder if we are going to be compared to the spring interviews, or if they already know who is accepted/wait listed/rejected and is waiting to mail it out all at one time. Sigh

Exactly! And if they already know what the decisions are then they are just being lazy which in turn ends up hurting us. The accreditation board should not allow them to interview in December and reply in March/April. I am very upset with the whole process and the way they do things. Even when you talk to somewhere there they are rude and anything less than helpful.

Exactly! And if they already know what the decisions are then they are just being lazy which in turn ends up hurting us. The accreditation board should not allow them to interview in December and reply in March/April. I am very upset with the whole process and the way they do things. Even when you talk to somewhere there they are rude and anything less than helpful.

I agree! As if it's not dreading enough stalking my mailbox everyday. I can now only hope and pray and cross all fingers and toes till we hear some news :/

Wow, guys that is really awful! I am so sorry to hear you're having such an poor experience with Xavier and their admissions process. I'm sure this could deter a lot of people from applying there in the future.

:luck:Here's to hoping we hear sometime next week after the spring interview on Friday!:bang:

Hey, I'm new to SDN and this forum but I applied to Xavier, also and got a spring interview. Mine went great. From what I heard from the students there, their interview went great too. Are people still waiting for interviews?

That's great! My interview was in the fall. I'm waiting for them to send out our letters! :xf:

Yeah me too, I'm so anxious. What's your stats (Claire Lee)?

Math/science GPA 3.56
Overall GPA 3.51
PCAT 69.

How about you?

Last edited:
Overall:3.4
M/s: 5.56
PCAT: 72

We have similar stats. Do you have a degree already?

Hey LedetLeon, did they tell y'all when you should hear something?

My aunt works there and she was saying Early-Mid April. She said chances are slim for Feb, due to spring interviews.

Hey y'all just an update. I am being the annoying one and calling all the time haha. I just called and spoke to someone in the Admissions office who told me the spring interviews were finished on Friday. She said they are holding more interviews in May (that makes me think they didn't have enough people apply). But anyway I asked when the people who interviewed in the fall should find out and she said she wasn't completely sure but since spring interviews were over we should be hearing soon. As for the Spring interviewers I am guessing it wouldn't be till later.

Okay sounds great. But I would expect them to review and send all the letter at the same time due to the acceptance fees and possible enrollment into the summer enrichment program for some students.

No, I don't have any experience but hopefully I'll work or volunteer at a pharmacy over the summer. =D. Good luck to you btw!!! =)

Yeah, it's great, I work in one and love it. You should definitely try to get in one this summer. Good luck to you too.

Hey y'all just an update. I am being the annoying one and calling all the time haha. I just called and spoke to someone in the Admissions office who told me the spring interviews were finished on Friday. She said they are holding more interviews in May (that makes me think they didn't have enough people apply). But anyway I asked when the people who interviewed in the fall should find out and she said she wasn't completely sure but since spring interviews were over we should be hearing soon. As for the Spring interviewers I am guessing it wouldn't be till later.

Jess, I'm so glad I'm not the only one calling! Lol, but do you ever say ur name whenever ur calling? I do and I feel like once they find my file since I call all the time they will just be like "she so annoying, throw away her file!" lol my imagination runs wild when we're all waiting to hear back from them for the fall interviews! But whenever I call they are so rush to get me off the phone, they never answer my questions. :/ thank you for the update!

Jess, I'm so glad I'm not the only one calling! Lol, but do you ever say ur name whenever ur calling? I do and I feel like once they find my file since I call all the time they will just be like "she so annoying, throw away her file!" lol my imagination runs wild when we're all waiting to hear back from them for the fall interviews! But whenever I call they are so rush to get me off the phone, they never answer my questions. :/ thank you for the update!

Lol, no I've never given my name but they have never asked so I just don't volunteer it haha! And trust me every time I call they are rude and rushing to get me off the phone too. So don't feel bad its not just you! My friends who interviewed in the fall last year found out awhile before the people who had spring interviews so hopefully that will be the case since the spring interview is over!
I don't see why the acceptance fees or possible enrollment in the summer program would matter either way. Especially since the people in the fall interviews have had a longer wait and may even have other schools to make a decision on. I was accepted to two other schools that I had to ask if I could extend my decision time and I was lucky enough they agreed. I don't have much longer on that extension. If they don't let us know soon they are going to start loosing some to other schools.
If anyone finds out any more information let us know!!:)

Lol, no I've never given my name but they have never asked so I just don't volunteer it haha! And trust me every time I call they are rude and rushing to get me off the phone too. So don't feel bad its not just you! My friends who interviewed in the fall last year found out awhile before the people who had spring interviews so hopefully that will be the case since the spring interview is over!
I don't see why the acceptance fees or possible enrollment in the summer program would matter either way. Especially since the people in the fall interviews have had a longer wait and may even have other schools to make a decision on. I was accepted to two other schools that I had to ask if I could extend my decision time and I was lucky enough they agreed. I don't have much longer on that extension. If they don't let us know soon they are going to start loosing some to other schools.
If anyone finds out any more information let us know!!:)

What other schools were you accepted to?

I got into a school in Atlanta and a school in Tennessee. But I'm from New Orleans so obviously I want to stay here if I can!

Oh thats great. But I understand, nothing like New Orleans ^_^. Im from new orleans, also.

I got into a school in Atlanta and a school in Tennessee. But I'm from New Orleans so obviously I want to stay here if I can!

Congrats Jess! I original planned on applying to other school but for some reason I just decided that new Orleans was my only choice so hopefully luck is on my side this year. I'd love to experience new Orleans. I've lived in br for the longest and I have never experience new Orleans for more than a couple hours. So I'm hoping for good news! And meet all of you guys of course! :D

I almost didn't but thought what the heck it can't hurt haha. I desperately want to stay home in New Orleans too. After going to my interviews at the other places (schools were awesome and awesome opportunities) but nothing like New Orleans. I check the mail frantically every day haha. Hope we all get to meet! At Xavier of course!

This waiting game just got me confused with my future plan:confused:

I got my letter today! I had a fall interview so not sure if its just that set or them all. Good luck to everyone! So excited!

I got mine too and my interview was in the fall. Yay!!! Congrats JessPharm!!

I got my letter today too, I'm so excited. See you guys in the fall!!

Yay!! Congrats to y'all as well!! Its officially just 4 more years and we are done!!

Congratulations to you guys!!! Please keep sharing information about how your admittance process goes with Xavier throughout the rest of the year. I'm so happy to hear people are finally getting notified of their acceptance, hopefully I'll be in your shoes next year.

:love:

I also got accepted! I'm sooooooo excited! Next up, finding a place to live! If anyone knows a great place to stay please let me know!

Hey! I am new to this site and just got my acceptance letter yesterday as well!! Sooo excited I can't wait!