***** WVSOM Class Of 2010*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jgl1980

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just thought I would go ahead and get it started. I am heading up that way come August. Hope to hear form my future classmates soon!!

:D

Members don't see this ad.

jgl1980 said:
I just thought I would go ahead and get it started. I am heading up that way come August. Hope to hear form my future classmates soon!!

:D
Congrats! It looks like that's where I'll be heading comes August 2006.

FutureDocDO said:
Congrats! It looks like that's where I'll be heading comes August 2006.

Hey FutureDocDO! Looks like its just me and you right now. I assume that most people will be making their decision around december or so. Which path are you more interested in PBL of SBL?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mailed my deposit today. Got the housing list a week or so ago. Lots of 2-3 bedroom houses from $400 to $1000 per month. Some list the heat source as oil furnace or wood stove. Kinda scary.

simpy2000 said:
Mailed my deposit today. Got the housing list a week or so ago. Lots of 2-3 bedroom houses from $400 to $1000 per month. Some list the heat source as oil furnace or wood stove. Kinda scary.

I got that same list a few days ago as well! Did you see the one that one of the requirements was No dating on premises. Not sure what they were getting at. :laugh: Congrats

jgl1980 said:
Hey FutureDocDO! Looks like its just me and you right now. I assume that most people will be making their decision around december or so. Which path are you more interested in PBL of SBL?
SBL for sure. You?

FutureDocDO said:
SBL for sure. You?

I saw that you were trying to decide between LECOM and WVSOM. Have you decided yet? Good luck with your decision if not. I am still toying with the idea of PBL but I am not 100%.

Hey guys!

I got accepted to WVSOM early October and I'm really excited! I'm sending my deposit tomorrow to hold my spot. :)

RD330 said:
Hey guys!

I got accepted to WVSOM early October and I'm really excited! I'm sending my deposit tomorrow to hold my spot. :)
YAY!! Another Texan :D

I think I'm feelin WVSOM as my future!! I sent in my deposit, and there are only two other schools that I would even think about if I hear anything, but looks like I'll be heading to West Virginia! It's soooo nice to have some closure to this whole process. So... My wife and I can drive 2300 miles across the country to get to school :eek: woohoo!! :laugh:

Donvb said:
I think I'm feelin WVSOM as my future!! I sent in my deposit, and there are only two other schools that I would even think about if I hear anything, but looks like I'll be heading to West Virginia! It's soooo nice to have some closure to this whole process. So... My wife and I can drive 2300 miles across the country to get to school :eek: woohoo!! :laugh:

Grats to all of you :D

-Richie

Richie Truxillo said:
Grats to all of you :D

-Richie

Our thread was getting pretty close to the bottom of the page so I am BUMPing it. Just wondering if there are any more out there? Give me a shout out!

jgl1980 said:
Our thread was getting pretty close to the bottom of the page so I am BUMPing it. Just wondering if there are any more out there? Give me a shout out!
I have sent my deposit and would love WVSOM if that's where I end up, but I am waiting to hear from NYCOM since my interview this month. I would prefer not to leave New York... WVSOM seemed to have such a great learning environment, support system, anatomy lab, community; I wish they could move the whole town to NY so I could have it all!! It will be tough to decline if NYCOM does offer me an acceptance, but nothing is certain right now. :rolleyes:

Sent my deposit last week. I was a tough call between WVSOM and Pikeville for awhile, but I went with my heart--WVSOM. See you guys in the fall.

jgl1980 said:
I got that same list a few days ago as well! Did you see the one that one of the requirements was No dating on premises. Not sure what they were getting at. :laugh: Congrats

That one cracked me up, but I'm from the conservative Carolinas, so I'm used to that. I will be joining y'all in the fall. So how many of y'all are older than college seniors? I grad. in 2004 with BS and 2005 with MS chem.
Anybody decided on housing?

bbgirl said:
That one cracked me up, but I'm from the conservative Carolinas, so I'm used to that. I will be joining y'all in the fall. So how many of y'all are older than college seniors? I grad. in 2004 with BS and 2005 with MS chem.
Anybody decided on housing?

Welcome bbgirl, I am in the process of going through the list trying to find somewhere to live but I guess the only way to do it is go to lewisburg and check everything out first hand. And I graduated from college in 2003 and graduated with my MS in 2005 as well. I wonder if they have a list of people looking for roomates beside what is on the e-mail. Anyways congrats to you bbgirl! Look forward to meeting all of you!!!