WTF is going on.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mysteriouseyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
None of the schools seem to be keeping in contact with me about anything... except UHCO and NOVA. This whole experience kind of turns me off to optometry school all together. I feel like we atleast deserve an email saying "hey we received your application and we'll keep you posted on the status of your application." Geez I'm really frustrated about all this! It's been about 6 weeks since I've submitted my applications. It's not like I'm asking for a next day response or anything but wow 6 weeks with no communication! ICO was my top choice too but I almost feel like even if they offer me a position that I want to decline it just out of spite..... Does anyone feel the same way I do or is it just me??:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I like how "none" of them keep in contact with you.....except for three. That would be half, if I'm doing my math right. Just hang in there. They'll get back to you eventually, their world doesn't revolve around you.

From ICO: I got a receipt email saying they received my application, since I did it online. I got this Oct. 30th. The email said they'll review the application once everything is received and reply in 4-5 weeks. SO, giving time for them to receive EVERYTHING, they're not late for me yet.

I heard that the school got 100+ applicants just the first week, so cut them some slack.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is such a nerve wracking time. I can understand wanting to know now. The anxiety is unbelievable at times. Hang in there. We are all feeling the same. However, I have to give credit to NOVA. They are pretty organized. I received emails from them the very next day that they received anything for my file.

None of the schools seem to be keeping in contact with me about anything... except UHCO, NOVA and SCO. This whole experience kind of turns me off to optometry school all together. I feel like we atleast deserve an email saying "hey we received your application and we'll keep you posted on the status of your application." Geez I'm really frustrated about all this! It's been about 6 weeks since I've submitted my applications. It's not like I'm asking for a next day response or anything but wow 6 weeks with no communication! ICO was my top choice too but I almost feel like even if they offer me a position that I want to decline it just out of spite..... Does anyone feel the same way I do or is it just me??:eek:

Have you tried contacting the schools? They may be waiting to receive something from you, but you won't know unless you call. And I wouldn't recommend declining acceptances out of spite... as the saying goes, "There are plenty of fish in the sea."

None of the schools seem to be keeping in contact with me about anything... except UHCO and NOVA. This whole experience kind of turns me off to optometry school all together. I feel like we atleast deserve an email saying "hey we received your application and we'll keep you posted on the status of your application." Geez I'm really frustrated about all this! It's been about 6 weeks since I've submitted my applications. It's not like I'm asking for a next day response or anything but wow 6 weeks with no communication! ICO was my top choice too but I almost feel like even if they offer me a position that I want to decline it just out of spite..... Does anyone feel the same way I do or is it just me??:eek:
We're just testing you.

Honestly, when ICO says four or five weeks, they'll probably get back to you in six or seven. And that's if they're not receiving more applications than expected, which they may be. Call and ask.

Hey, I feel your pain. I sent in all my apps mid October...and still nothing. I received confirmation from all 5 schools except ICO that they have received my app and all the other forms (eg. transcripts, LOR's).

I think they just received A LOT of apps around that time...and it is taking forever to get back to us. I called ICO and they said wait 5-6 weeks...

I'm just glad cuz I thought it was just me who is waiting and waiting and waiting....ALL I WANT IS AN INTERVIEW :(

All the schools I applied to gave me interviews after about a week or two after sending my apps. New England was even nice enough to call me and tell me open interview dates before the letter came in the mail. You may want to call the other schools to make sure they have everything.

i totally understand where you're coming from! i did all my apps the first week they were out back in aug/sept and ico and scco sent me a letter saying i had missing info, so when i called, they're all like "oh its right here, nevermind" but for ico they told me my app would be placed into nov since i missed the oct cycle and it wasnt even my fault! as for mco and neco, they didnt even tell me i had missing info, so a month after applying, i called and of course my stuff was already there. THEN, 3 weeks later i called neco coz i had no response from them and they tell me i havent taken gchem and ochem labs when my school makes you take it concurrently with the course! they claim its not stated on my transcript, but took my word for it, i think. overall, even tho i applied early, it definitely was not in my favor and the schools i had issues with really turned me off. i even rejected an interview from mco, so its a good thing i got into pco who did things right :) but still waiting on ucbso which is my top choice and i havent had a prob with them either.