Wrong PCAT test date on pharmCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheepcheep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! So while double checking my PharmCAS app, I saw that they had July 12 as my PCAT test date. I took it on July 19th. While entering the test date, I was only allowed to enter the month and the year (July 2012) so the date was definitely from that Pearson sent them. I've only taken the PCAT once, and I'm really scared I might have someone else's scores or something. I planned to submit my application tonight, as my school does rolling admissions, but it looks like I'll have to wait until pharmCAS responds to me now. Has this happened to any of you? Is it a big deal?
Thanks so much!

Oh and on a side note, does anyone know if I can add multiple dates on certain awards I got a couple years in a row? And would it be okay if I include scholarships I was awarded from other universities but didn't accept? I don't have a scholarship for the university I'm currently attending, and I'm applying to some top pharmacy schools. I don't want them to think that I suck so much that no school offered me anything haha (since all my other listed awards are from high school). It didn't specifically say on the application that I had to accept them, so I'm not sure.

Sorry for the wall of text and thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

And one last thing (sorry for the many questions!). If I have an on and off job (I'm an intern at a pharmacy back in where I live), but I currently am not working there due to attending college out of state, should I list the job as present? Or should I end it the day I left for college? The average weekly hours is a bit misleading since I only work when I go back home...

I would definitely talk to pharmcas about your pcat situation
but you're worrying too much about the other stuff. Just enter
everything as honestly as possible and just use common sense and
be ready to explain everything during interviews. Pharmcas only verifies
the GPA but they kind of leave the work experience, extracurricular ,
honors, and scholarships up to you. They won't check your stuff
in that much detail.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the PCAT, I'm sure the number that follows the month is the year, not the date. So where it says July 12, it means July 2012. Also, there was no PCAT administered on July 12th.

PharmCAS has a Facebook page, and they answer relatively quickly. You can ask your questions and get more accurate answers there.

Last edited:
Mine was the same July 12 though I wrote mine on July 18th so am thinking the July 12 means 2012 in July. They want the school to know you wrote it this year July not last year July

Thanks guys! Just submitted my PharmCAS app. Fingers crossed :xf::xf::xf: