Writing Nurses Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiousity, have you ever heard of the concept of people giving others enough rope to hang themselves with? Perhaps that's worth pondering before you make your next post...or do they lobotomize that portion of the brain which allows for introspection when you match into surgery?

From a future ER doc... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what makes less sense, the feeling that people have to add a smiley every time they say something that anyone may possibly ever find offensive in order to indicate "ha ha I'm just kidding because everyone loves everyone else" or the feeling that it's ok to insult someone for insulting someone else. It's like you think that it makes you right since "everyone" is going to disagree with JPHazleton, so if you get in some side insult at him that's fine because you're on the "right" side.

It's more of a general observation that I'm making than anything specific about JP. I've seen enough of his postings here to realize that (1)nobody is ever going to change his mind and (2) if I'm ever in doubt about what the right course of action is, disagreeing with him usually helps me find it.

In the professional world, no man is an island. If you act like one, and step on enough people's toes, life gets tough. This might be something that it's a bit difficult for someone who's led the sheltered life that high school science geek -> college pre med -> med student -> resident provides.

In short, its an invitation not to be an dingus.

I don't even know what you said except that it's a bunch of aphorisms that are strung together like "no man is an island." What does that have to do with anything he or anyone else said? "Life gets tough"? Because you insulted him on the internet for being an island? And then you finish by saying he's an dingus which is again more name-calling from someone who was supposedly angered that he insulted someone else. You're not coming off as very bright.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't even know what you said except that it's a bunch of aphorisms that are strung together like "no man is an island." What does that have to do with anything he or anyone else said? "Life gets tough"? Because you insulted him on the internet for being an island? And then you finish by saying he's an dingus which is again more name-calling from someone who was supposedly angered that he insulted someone else. You're not coming off as very bright.

He never does. Jumps in with a comment then tucks tail and runs. Very fitting of his future specialty. Knows very little about many things but tries to talk the talk with the real experts.

Stop the personal insults and get this thread back on-topic, or I'm closing it. :mad:

He never does. Jumps in with a comment then tucks tail and runs. Very fitting of his future specialty. Knows very little about many things but tries to talk the talk with the real experts.

I suppose I shouldn't be suprised that he consulted KentW to pull himself out of the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.