writing NBDE in visitor's visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asghan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi I'm from India. I'm planning to give NBDE by june, and try meet the august deadlines for 2012 admission cycle. this is the first time I'm going to give NBDE.

1. is it possible to write nbde in visitor's visa? My brother is there in US on H1 visa.
2. I'm planning to take gre also but want to try directly for dds, and if unsuccessful in my attempt think of joining for MPh/MHA.

can other foreign dentists tell in what visa they wrote nbde?
did all of u guys first join for MPH and then leave it ?
are most of u married and on h4? are there guys like me. PLs help..

Members don't see this ad.

hey of course you can take your test (i.e part 1) on visitor visa...

Yes there are people who does so..You dp have some one to support u, like your bro so that should help http://ow.ly/3y3mE ..
Everybody faces some VISA issues though like you might have to follow the rules and come back when the time limit is over etc.

Also i would advice you that you should NOT keep GRE as your escape. Please keep your mind from wandering as you stated that you are giving it for the first time and you would also prepare for GRE. Now NBDE cannot be given more than once, especially if you have passed. Stay Focussed.
Being in US is a big thing in itself to lose focus, since you are so happy being in US... oops!!

Take care and study REAL HARD as that should be your only dream and MPH GRE etc should not be your option. (PS: I came via GRE myself though..but i m just trying to make you more determined to crack NBDE and not think of GRE etc see my frens journey here.. http://ow.ly/3y3L6 )

mdumb

hi I'm from India. I'm planning to give NBDE by june, and try meet the august deadlines for 2012 admission cycle. this is the first time I'm going to give NBDE.

1. is it possible to write nbde in visitor's visa? My brother is there in US on H1 visa.
2. I'm planning to take gre also but want to try directly for dds, and if unsuccessful in my attempt think of joining for MPh/MHA.

can other foreign dentists tell in what visa they wrote nbde?
did all of u guys first join for MPH and then leave it ?
are most of u married and on h4? are there guys like me. PLs help..