Writing a Resume for SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothFareez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've written many resumes for employment, but now I have to do one for the Tufts MBS application. Can i get some advice on format or what to include in a grad school resume?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much the same stuff. Keep it relevant; obviously no need for address on it, no need for "recommendations available upon request", no need to mention your high school job. You don't have to mention your school since it'll be listed in your application, but I did it anyway.

My resume for Loma Linda's post-bacc was just my basic employment/LOR resume updated with my current job and two recent publications. The publications brought it to 2 pages, but I renamed the resume as a CV and problem solved.

Look up CV as to what to include. It should have a header that includes address and e-mail address (if you have something like [email protected] get a new one). Should include all degrees obtained, certifications, publications, languages spoken, research, teaching experience, leadership roles etc. Unless they specifically ask for it a CV should not have the jobs you have done.

You may also want to include grants, awards, and scholarships. If you ever try and get a lab position include the skillsets you have and the protocols that you are proficient at.

Members don't see this ad :)
Use a CV template and fill obvious empty space (example - if you have zero publications or awards/grants) with less-academic things like work experience.

thanks for all your responses everyone!