Wright State Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any information regarding this residency/location would be appreciated. I'm not in the military if that makes any difference. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I rotated through Kettering for Internal Medicine, and spent a fair amount of time in the ED and speaking with the EM residents. (Didn't do a formal EM rotation here, so take that into consideration when reading)

Program//education:
I was highly impressed by the knowledge of both the Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine residents I worked with there, as well as the attendings. Most of them love to teach, and are extremely personable. The vibe i got was that they are a well-educated, but underrated, unadvertised bunch.

Facilities:
I only rotated in Kettering's ED, which was pretty glorious. Quite spacious, very new, 5-star waiting room with a fireplace & grand piano. That said, it didn't seem quite as busy as the other depts I've been in. The hospital itself is nice as well. They run on EPIC, and everything seemed to flow smoothly. All your meals are paid for, which is always a plus. When I rotated there, they even gave me a car to use for the month. I don't have any experience with the associated county hospital (I forgot the name), but the residents spend a fair amount of time there and at other departments.

Location: It's in a pretty quiet area of Dayton in the 'burbs. There's an apartment complex nearby that Kettering owns/manages where a lot of the residents choose to stay. There's outdoorsy stuff to do if you are into it. If you want the big city, Cincinnati is like an hour away.

Overall impression: An underrated, under-advertised, solid program. Interviewing there this year. Definitely looking forward to seeing it more in-depth.

Thanks for the response.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to medical school at Wright State (and I'm currently doing my internship here). I continue to be very close with many of the EM residents and faculty (was planning on EM up until August of 4th year). The program is solid. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.