WREBS AND ORTHO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrownieDDD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I am applying to California ortho residencies, do I need to take the WREB? (I do not plan on working as a general dentist while in residency)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you want to have a dental license once you finish residency? If the answer is yes, you should take a licensing exam of some sort.

Most people who leave dental school without having passed one of the major regional exams regret it. It is much harder to coordinate getting patients and, after two years without doing GP work, it will be more difficult for you to prepare and pass.

I plan on taking the NERB, and if I only get accepted to an ortho CA residency, do I need to take the WREBS too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I go to WVU SOD and I am planning on taking the WREB since I want to go back to California and practice there, any suggestions on how to go about finding the best location and maybe help as far as getting patients screened ? Also how to go about registering at a different school... do they accept students from other places?