Wrapping up volunteer hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member0527

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been trying to figure out the proper way to wrap up my volunteer hours at my current site. I was accepted to a program that starts in late May, and I have been volunteering with this program since early November. It's been a great experience, but I'm not sure what else I can get out of it at this point...I have seen 2 sets of students completing their level II fieldwork come and go, sat in on evaluations, done some basic filing and prep/clean-up for sessions. Is this a conversation I need to have with my supervisor there, or should I just go for a few more weeks and then leave them for good?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's a conversation you should have w/ your supervisor. Just inform him/her of your acceptance, thank them for the opportunity and give the date of your last day. I'm sure they are expecting it.
Congratulations on your acceptance!

I agree with NYOT. Just sit down with your supervisor, thank them for their time and sharing of their wisdom and give them a date. I actually had a really negative experience with one of my volunteer sites, so give thanks to the sites that have treated you right!! Plus, you never know the people that you volunteer with today might become good networking allies in the future.