General Admissions & OTCAS Observation hours template/documentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AFlemingo

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am a little confused with the requirements for documenting hours on OTCAS. OTCAS requires we manually add our hours in with all the info which is great. But then there is also the additional upload option for submitting an observation document(s). Does this doc need to be a specific format? Is this the doc where the OT(s) would sign off? I have all my hours logged and the OT's i have been shadowing can sign off at any time, but i don't want to upload the wrong type of document.

Let me know if anyone has answers, or if you have submitted your hours both ways please let me know how you formatted your uploaded document! Im confused. lol

Members don't see this ad.

I think the part for uploading documents is only for if the schools you are applying to require one. For example, Radford requires a doc signed and filled out by the OTs you shadowed, so I uploaded the doc they provided on their website. No other schools I applied to had one to fill out.