wow is all i can say

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jccalalafc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
dunno about everyone else, but i took today's mcat and it definitely was not fun, i was rushed for time and such, anyone else take today's exam?
plan to take it one more time before applying this year, of course, the higher the better, but guessing a 25 would suffice?

Members don't see this ad.

dunno about everyone else, but i took today's mcat and it definitely was not fun, i was rushed for time and such, anyone else take today's exam?
plan to take it one more time before applying this year, of course, the higher the better, but guessing a 25 would suffice?

Wait. What? Why are you already planning on taking it again? Did you take any practice tests before today? You didn't go in cold did you....?

25 is good enough to get in anywhere. 25+ will get you scholarships.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it yesterday as well. in general I liked it better than the practice tests I took. I could see myself getting a 25. hopefully we both do well!

Sent from my SPH-D600 using SDN Mobile

Wow, well done!

Thank you, all the credit goes to my undergrad. I am grateful they taught me the subjects and i was able to retain everything.

I do regret not practicing for the mcat though, it would have made my testing experience alot easier.

I occasionally contemplate how useful it will be to study hard for the MCAT.... I mean, I could study hard and get a >30, or just study moderately/not at all and get a 25... For pod schools, is there really a difference between a 25 and a 32?

I occasionally contemplate how useful it will be to study hard for the MCAT.... I mean, I could study hard and get a >30, or just study moderately/not at all and get a 25... For pod schools, is there really a difference between a 25 and a 32?

Yea, some schools give scholarships based on your GPA and MCAT scores.

Temple's scholarship thing relies 2/3 on MCAT score and 1/3 on GPA. They offered me max $11,000 for the first year because of my 30. Other schools such as DMU, Ohio, and Scholl were less impressed with my horrid GPA and thus awarded me significantly less money.

temple's scholarship thing relies 2/3 on mcat score and 1/3 on gpa. They offered me max $11,000 for the first year because of my 30. Other schools such as dmu, ohio, and scholl were less impressed with my horrid gpa and thus awarded me significantly less money.

+1

haha no i didnt go in cold, but i was getting consistently in the high 20s on the aamc exams, and then the real exam came, and just blew me away, passages were longer, so it took more time, and then i was rushed for time, etc. you get the idea lol, just frustration i guess cus for me, the aamc FLs were the closest thing to the real ones, but were so much easier, just my thoughts lol
might have to retake in july or august, partly for pride, more for scholarships and better chance to get in so i can turn my app in asap or whenever we can start turning them in (august i believe?)

Last edited: