Holding Seats allowed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

123bt

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, simple easy question to answer, I hope. I know it is frowned upon but is holding seats possible? Let's say I get accepted into one school, but I am also hoping to hear from another school, or I want to weigh my options? Additionally, do they send scholarships during this time? This is the main reason I would consider holding seats to weigh out scholarship opportunities.
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Do they still have the 30 day rule to accept your acceptance? maybe wait until you hear back from the school you want to go to before pulling the trigger. Podiatry school will be waiting for you no matter what.

Consider reading the attending forum though before pulling the trigger on podiatry at all though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they still have the 30-day rule to accept your acceptance? maybe wait until you hear back from the school you want to go to before pulling the trigger. Podiatry school will be waiting for you no matter what.

Consider reading the attending forum though before pulling the trigger on podiatry at all though.

Honestly, I am not sure. I think I read somewhere that they do a 30-day rule, but then I've read where people simultaneously apply DO/MD while applying DPM. I know their application cycles are different so I would think that podiatry would offer longer to decide if others can manage all those applications in one app. cycle.

Also, thank you for taking the time to attach these! I appreciated reading through them and reading the cons of podiatry since all I found before was how awesome and overlooked the field is!

Wow, thank you!! I am not sure how I managed to overlook this online. Just to make sure I understand correctly... up to March 1 you can put down a deposit to multiple schools, but after said date, the schools are allowed to take away acceptances because of hoarding basically. So if theoretically, I was waiting for a school my best bet would be to pick my top choice after March 1 and only hold one seat after that date. Up March 1, for $1K at each school, I want to hold my seat, I can hold multiple seats.

I hope that made sense!

Honestly, I am not sure. I think I read somewhere that they do a 30-day rule, but then I've read where people simultaneously apply DO/MD while applying DPM. I know their application cycles are different so I would think that podiatry would offer longer to decide if others can manage all those applications in one app. cycle.

Also, thank you for taking the time to attach these! I appreciated reading through them and reading the cons of podiatry since all I found before was how awesome and overlooked the field is!
Think of DPM schools like a used car lot. Car sales people will try and sell you junk while trying to convince you it is gold.

Go to Texas or not at all.

Think of DPM schools like a used car lot. Car sales people will try and sell you junk while trying to convince you it is gold.

Go to Texas or not at all.
Why Texas? I have heard the contrary, since the TX school is new to be careful?

Why Texas? I have heard the contrary, since the TX school is new to be careful?
Texas is simply cheapest... the tradeoff is a miserable area far from everything and new school and everything that comes with that (no upperclassmen, new faculty, new student clinic, school has no rep for residency match, inevitable trips out of the gate, etc).

All of the pod schools have the books, journals, materials you need for success. You can study and pass boards at any; work hard and do well.

Go where you choose (fit, family, area, etc) or where you get the best deal (tuition, scholarships, COL, etc). Of course they will hold your seat... pod schools are minimally selective and will get worse with two new schools and more seats to fill now. You will almost certainly get accepted into all pod schools you apply to unless you did very bad in undergrad and on Mcat. GL

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, simple easy question to answer, I hope. I know it is frowned upon but is holding seats possible? Let's say I get accepted into one school, but I am also hoping to hear from another school, or I want to weigh my options? Additionally, do they send scholarships during this time? This is the main reason I would consider holding seats to weigh out scholarship opportunities.
Thanks in advance!

email the program directly, locking

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.