wow, 3.5 weeks to get my comlex 2 (computerized) score back!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Informer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the test Dec 27th, Got score this morning (1/21)

PASSED

thank you to all the god/gods above!!

Members don't see this ad.

Informer said:
Took the test Dec 27th, Got score this morning (1/21)

PASSED

thank you to all the god/gods above!!

Mind sharing your study plan with us lowly MSIII's? How many weeks? Sources you used? OMM?? Any feedback would be great!

Did you get the score by mail or on the web site? Congrats on passing! I'm still waiting and hope I passed it too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ice-1 said:
Did you get the score by mail or on the web site? Congrats on passing! I'm still waiting and hope I passed it too!

me too!, checked the web site this morning

Coach said:
me too!, checked the web site this morning
I got my score in the mail yesterday--also in 3.5 weeks! I'm just confused about the scoring. for step one they gave us our percentiles. i got an 84 two digit score. what the heck does that mean?

For step 1, I got a 2-digit on the website and a percentile on the mailed score report. Haven't gotten my score report in the mail yet, just online on Saturday (taken Dec 27th).

Took COMLEX 2 computerized 12/29
Scores back in the snail mail today 1/23
Passed, thank God!

I got my score back today. 633/91, which is probably in the 93% range.
I studied, and highly recommend usmleworld and usmle step 2 secrets. I also restudied micro made ridiculously simple and an omt book, not savarese(too thick). I studied the rx for the boards as well. I also did some questions from the a&l series, peds and ob. These a&l questions are quick and good to bang out, whereas the usmleworld q's are lengthy, due to much explaining in the answer section.
I would be happy to answer any other q's.
I studied throughout the year in the rx book, but my core studying came in the final 3 and1/2 weeks before the exam.

When I got my COMLEX scores back there was also a small paper in there which said that Step 3 could not be taken until after completing the internship year. There's another thread going on taking USMLE Step 3 and the consensus there seems to be that you can take that one after you get your DO or MD degree (not having to wait until after internship is over). I have also heard that you have to wait until 6 months of the internship year is over, from some residents who aren't even taking Step 3 until their third year! What is the poop on this? If USMLE can be taken whenever after getting the medical degree, it would seem that COMLEX should be that way also. Anyone out there got the straight skinny on this?