Would you still go to pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you, she is the light of my life. I have no doubt she will succeed at whatever she ends up deciding to do...

To be fair, I had absolutely no idea how much of a gold mine I was marrying back in 2005!

suuuuurrrrreeee you didn't :rolleyes: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't, how could I have? We were both soldiers... she hadn't even gone to a community college yet. =P

likely story. :laugh: You're very lucky. Gosh High school doesn't give you those fun life experiences......

Members don't see this ad :)
You're ostensibly learning the basics, so that you can do the life experience stuff. :)

PSSHHHH yes but it would be so much easier without the constant ups and downs of my social life. Maybe I should be a Hermit. :laugh:

PSSHHHH yes but it would be so much easier without the constant ups and downs of my social life. Maybe I should be a Hermit. :laugh:

Dealing with the ups and downs is part of life, though, and therefore this is just more training. :) Hermitude does have its perks, I guess. Tarryn was a really solitary creature when I met her, and to a large extent she still is. IMO, there's nothing wrong with that... far too often, people need others to "complete" them, and that can lead to a whole mess of problems later on...

Dealing with the ups and downs is part of life, though, and therefore this is just more training. :) Hermitude does have its perks, I guess. Tarryn was a really solitary creature when I met her, and to a large extent she still is. IMO, there's nothing wrong with that... far too often, people need others to "complete" them, and that can lead to a whole mess of problems later on...

Good point. So I should be a hermit enough to study and focus but The Impact of high school (though worse then hell, and believe me We can argue about that but it's pretty bad) Is Important to grow. hmm.

IDK who's luckier you for finding your wife, or your wife for finding you. So what was the Military like?

Good point. So I should be a hermit enough to study and focus but The Impact of high school (though worse then hell, and believe me We can argue about that but it's pretty bad) Is Important to grow. hmm.

IDK who's luckier you for finding your wife, or your wife for finding you. So what was the Military like?

I think we're both mutually lucky... which is part of the way our marriage has been so sustainable. No real "you owe me" or "I owe you" going on.

The Army was a roller coaster ride. From the beginning to the end, and in the middle, it's almost unquantifiable and extremely difficult to explain to a civilian. Perhaps a more specific question? LOL. It was scary, awesome, tiring, frustrating, annoying, amazing, character building, long, arduous, sweaty, awesome body making, weird experience.

I think we're both mutually lucky... which is part of the way our marriage has been so sustainable. No real "you owe me" or "I owe you" going on.

The Army was a roller coaster ride. From the beginning to the end, and in the middle, it's almost unquantifiable and extremely difficult to explain to a civilian. Perhaps a more specific question? LOL. It was scary, awesome, tiring, frustrating, annoying, amazing, character building, long, arduous, sweaty, awesome body making, weird experience.

That's what My dad says. lol. He was in the military for 26 years, then I was born. When I was 3 I got in a car accident, a little one, no big deal I was fine. But he couldn't come visit me because of the army (He was a colonel). So he retired after his term was up.

He's a smart guy, He has two BS's, one in Physics and one in mathematics.

A more specific question? alright I got one, where was your favoirite spot that you were stationed?

A more specific question? alright I got one, where was your favoirite spot that you were stationed?

DLI, Monterey, for sure! After that, it was all down hill, from Fort Hood, TX to Kuwait to Balad, LOL. If you mean OCONUS, they were all so equally terribad that choosing one specific station is impossible.

I guess if forced to choose on OCONUS location I'd go with LSA Anaconda.

My best friend is in the guard. Her next deployment may be the Sinai. Now thats a good place:p.

DLI, Monterey, for sure! After that, it was all down hill, from Fort Hood, TX to Kuwait to Balad, LOL. If you mean OCONUS, they were all so equally terribad that choosing one specific station is impossible.

I guess if forced to choose on OCONUS location I'd go with LSA Anaconda.

Nice.That's a life experience traveling to another country. No wonder you are one of the most level-headed SDN members.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice.That's a life experience traveling to another country. No wonder you are one of the most level-headed SDN members.

It's practically another world to be honest.

Like when I go to Europe, that feels more or less like America. Yea people are a little different, food's a bit different, atmosphere a bit different. But all of the trappins are there: Quality septic and garbage, a proper gov't, police that aren't hand in hand with insurgents, etc.

The middle east is a steaming pile of poo, and it makes me sad.

Thanks for the compliment, although I know my level-headedness often gets mistaken for being rude.

It's practically another world to be honest.

Like when I go to Europe, that feels more or less like America. Yea people are a little different, food's a bit different, atmosphere a bit different. But all of the trappins are there: Quality septic and garbage, a proper gov't, police that aren't hand in hand with insurgents, etc.

The middle east is a steaming pile of poo, and it makes me sad.

Thanks for the compliment, although I know my level-headedness often gets mistaken for being rude.

It usually happens that honesty can seem rude. But it's good you stick to your guns. I went over to the middle east last year, I was devastated, and In world History we went more in depth, wow. You know what's perhaps more fascinating and worse to think about is the religions of the world and their pasts.

It usually happens that honesty can seem rude. But it's good you stick to your guns. I went over to the middle east last year, I was devastated, and In world History we went more in depth, wow. You know what's perhaps more fascinating and worse to think about is the religions of the world and their pasts.

As much as I'd like to say, and I believe it's true, that religion is the reason all this crap happens, if it didn't exist, something else would've taken its place and we'd be doing the same thing.

Scapegoating, which is really what religion boils down to, is human nature. Always need to have someone to blame for when something goes wrong, and someone to exult when something goes right.

As much as I'd like to say, and I believe it's true, that religion is the reason all this crap happens, if it didn't exist, something else would've taken its place and we'd be doing the same thing.

Scapegoating, which is really what religion boils down to, is human nature. Always need to have someone to blame for when something goes wrong, and someone to exult when something goes right.

That's what I think. But it's rather fascinating how similar things are in each religion. Not very creative are we?

That's what I think. But it's rather fascinating how similar things are in each religion. Not very creative are we?
Well Judaism ,christianity, and islam are the Abrahamic religions so they should be very similar.

Well Judaism ,christianity, and islam are the Abrahamic religions so they should be very similar.

yeah and they're major themes are similar to Greek Mythology. Buddhism is rather interesting to.

Explain the Greek mythology part. I have never heard of this.

in Christianity with Jesus, it follows the story of a proclaimed Demi-God who gives his life for the regular people. There are a lot of stories about that.

Look how the God's began, Its similar to Abraham. I believe the Egyptians had a story about a man that came from the heavens and proclaimed himself the emperor of Egypt, people denied him he left and returned to take over Egypt with an Army. Much like Muhammad. They told that story to explain why emperors were Gods.

He fits the criteria being half-god and half-human and being better than regular people, and having special powers.

He fits the criteria being half-god and half-human and being better than regular people, and having special powers.
That is were scripture comes into play. He is FULLY god AND FULLY human. That is not the definition of demi-god.

This is how someone else explains it.

* Remember this is just one persons interpretation.

A "demigod", if it existed, would be half god, half man. You've been reading those Percy Jackson books, haven't you?

Seriously, though. That's not what Yeshua (i.e. "Jesus" in English) is. Yeshua is the very "Word" (i.e "power", "nature", "essence") of The One True God incarnated in physical form through the agency of a human female virgin by the name of Mary. It was necessary, in order for him to be TRULY HUMAN, that He be born of a human female. If He had simply dropped from Heaven, He would not have been truly human.

So, He is The One True God incarnated as a true 100% human. This concept is known as "The Hypostatic Union". He is not half-god and half-man. He was COMPLETELY God, and also COMPLETELY Human.

You guys need to read more Carl Jung. His ideas about archetypes and the collective unconscious are rather interesting.

That is were scripture comes into play. He is FULLY god AND FULLY human. That is not the definition of demi-god.

I never said it was the definition it was the criteria. Look at it like this. Zeus had sex with a mortal, and a child was born. God impregnated a woman, and a child was born. The Child of Zeus had superhuman characteristics, using them to help people. So Did Jesus. Zeus's child died to save the innocents of the world putting off his life, so did Jesus. There's another story of a demi-god being born in a barn, a manger with Jesus. The King of some City-state tried to kill the child, so did King Herod with Jesus.

There are constant likenesses between all religions. So Jesus was a man with godly characteristics? according to what you said, it sounds like when Poseidon visited earth or when Athena was born.

I never said it was the definition it was the criteria. Look at it like this. Zeus had sex with a mortal, and a child was born. God impregnated a woman, and a child was born. The Child of Zeus had superhuman characteristics, using them to help people. So Did Jesus. Zeus's child died to save the innocents of the world putting off his life, so did Jesus. There's another story of a demi-god being born in a barn, a manger with Jesus. The King of some City-state tried to kill the child, so did King Herod with Jesus.

There are constant likenesses between all religions. So Jesus was a man with godly characteristics? according to what you said, it sounds like when Poseidon visited earth or when Athena was born.
Okay but God never had sex and impregnated a woman. Mary was a virgin. Jesus is God, just in human form. It is like saying Zeus threw on a humans skin and walked among humans.

Okay but God never had sex and impregnated a woman. Mary was a virgin. Jesus is God, just in human form. It is like saying Zeus threw on a humans skin and walked among humans.

you mean like the story of the bull? she was a virgin yes but she was impregnated by a god.

you mean like the story of the bull? she was a virgin yes but she was impregnated by a god.
My friend you are comparing apples to oranges. Greek mythology, is not Bible teachings. I agree there are many similarities in stories between religions. My favorite happens to be the epic of gilgamesh and Noahs Ark. However, what im trying to get across is you can't call one religions God a demi-god by anothers religions standards.

Actually, in Christianity there are no innocents. Original Sin and all that.

Many religions are similar. Most try to answer basically the same questions; e.g., why are we here and what happens when you die. It's no surprise when there are overlaps.

My friend you are comparing apples to oranges. Greek mythology, is not Bible teachings. I agree there are many similarities in stories between religions. My favorite happens to be the epic of gilgamesh and Noahs Ark. However, what im trying to get across is you can't call one religions God a demi-god by anothers religions standards.

Seriously d00d. Read Joseph Campbell's "Power of Myth" and his "Masks of God" Also, read some Carl Jung.

As for Buddhism, it is a highly misunderstood religion. I hate when people put Buddha heads in their yards or try to make a massage place "tranquil" by putting Buddhas everywhere. Also, nobody prays to Buddha. Buddha is not a God. Buddhism is actually an atheistic religion. There are sects of Buddhism that are much more superstitious, though.

Seriously d00d. Read Joseph Campbell's "Power of Myth" and his "Masks of God" Also, read some Carl Jung.

As for Buddhism, it is a highly misunderstood religion. I hate when people put Buddha heads in their yards or try to make a massage place "tranquil" by putting Buddhas everywhere. Also, nobody prays to Buddha. Buddha is not a God. Buddhism is actually an atheistic religion. There are sects of Buddhism that are much more superstitious, though.
LOL i like anger managment when Jack Nicholson is insulting the Buddist. His comments about Budda were hilarious.