Would you pay for personal statement revision??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Transformer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any services online where you pay to have your personal statement read, revised, and possibly improved??

If there is, please link me. how much did it cost?? Did the revision significantly improve your essay and chances at pharmacy school interview or acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're not a great writer and have the money, why not?

Are there any services online where you pay to have your personal statement read, revised, and possibly improved??

If there is, please link me. how much did it cost?? Did the revision significantly improve your essay and chances at pharmacy school interview or acceptance?

I've never seen anyone advertise fee-for-service that I would trust with it. Probably better to find someone in the writing lab at school or have someone else review and give feedback. There should still be a few willing souls in the PS review thread stickied up top.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ask for help at your school. If you are on good terms with a english professor why not ask for help. There is no need to pay for a service that is easily found for free.

I would not. It has nothing to do with money either.

There are many more reliable proofreaders that know more about you than some "professor" over the internet. I went back to my AP Lit. and AP Lang. teachers in High School to proofread my grammar, because they know my writing style the best. For substance, I asked friends, accepted pharmacy students, and college advisers for advice - including some proofreaders on this site.

Overall I believe my personal statement turned out better than it would have had I paid ~$150 to have it proofread by some company. They are more likely to go through a checklist of advise, having everyone churn out the same old ideas.

My friend could help...he would charge for around 100 bucks though...o-o; I'll give you his email if you're interested...
He's a great writer, he is going to help me on my personal essay too...
He's not a pre-pharm student, he majors in sociology...

Last edited:

Dude, do you even know what kinds of things could happen if you give a stranger your essay? They can take your words and then make it into their paper and say that your paper sucked and that you have to restart.

You are paying for school, correct? The school might have a "writing center" that you should be able to go. Make an appointment and everyone there are either alumni (with bachelors and/or masters) or a professor. They would be glad to help you. I am starting to use it for my english class and wished that I went there before turning in the first paper.

So please, go check if your university has one and good luck!

I had my mom and my boyfriend help me.... I got in.