Would you do it over again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I don't know why anyone would brownnose me anyway, it makes no difference. I am just a forum mod, what am I going to do, ban people I dislike or something? There are no perks to be had by getting on my good sign. Sometimes I think people think forum mods have some sort of special power.

Cornholio2.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes I think people think forum mods have some sort of special power.

I hear that when yaah steps on a Lego, the Lego cries.

yaah does not need to make slides, he just glares at biopsies until they give up all their information.

The path job market is bad because yaah does all the work... before breakfast.

I hear that yaah is developing the pathology version of the pan-CT scan: he rips a body-sized section out of you with his bare hands, signs it out, and puts it back in before you even notice.

chill Zao. You have demonstrated that you are a "good guy/gal". You don't need any atonement.

Any fan of Zao is a good guy IMO. Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest was a huge album in my past.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any fan of Zao is a good guy IMO. Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest was a huge album in my past.

Wow. You are probably the first doctor to ever figure out the origin of my screen name. I was a huge Zao fan in my younger days, and that album in particular was (and still is) fantastic. These days I am more into August Burns Red and Norma Jean.

Suppression of free speech is essential to tyranny. Millions of Americans have died or been crippled fighting tyranny. We fundamentally disagree on whether there is an urgent need to drastically reduce pathology residency slots, but after that statement I just have to say- yaah, I love you man! :thumbup:

I don't disagree on the need to reduce pathology residency slots. Not sure where you get that I fundamentally disagree on that issue, I have never said that. Personally, I think that the complexity of pathology necessitates training at a major center where you will see all you need to see.

I hear that when yaah steps on a Lego, the Lego cries.

Well, I definitely step on legos a lot. I think in order to break a lego you might need a diamond saw or something, they are a harder substance than just about anything in the world.

When I was..younger, me and a buddy spent all day trying to break some of his old toddler toys. In-frikkin'-destructible. Not so anymore. Everything's built to need replacing -- the key is to figure out the sweet spot of how long to make them capable of lasting.. long enough to have a decent reputation, but not so long that they can be used for the life of the owner or handed down from generation to generation, making further production (and thus the company) pointless. Similar might be said of board certification, come to think of it. Just wait, by the time I retire the recertification cycle will be down to a couple years, like phone upgrades.

When I was..younger, me and a buddy spent all day trying to break some of his old toddler toys. In-frikkin'-destructible. Not so anymore. Everything's built to need replacing -- the key is to figure out the sweet spot of how long to make them capable of lasting.. long enough to have a decent reputation, but not so long that they can be used for the life of the owner or handed down from generation to generation, making further production (and thus the company) pointless. Similar might be said of board certification, come to think of it. Just wait, by the time I retire the recertification cycle will be down to a couple years, like phone upgrades.

Huh - I read an article the other day that suggested placing a shelf life on your degree. Imagine that, CME + giving a pound of flesh every few years to a university to maintain your degree!! For everyone, not just professionally licensed professions. **** me.

Bahahaha.. Probably the only reason that is unlikely to happen is the volume of rich and politically powerful employers who would be screwed by everyone taking time off to study, do continuing education, and take any recert exams, actually agreeing with the unions.

On the other hand, it might stem the tide of irrelevant and unnecessary degrees folks spend years and thousands to obtain in the first place.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see some creep though, affecting those degrees actually necessary to obtain and retain relatively "good", decent salary jobs. Hey, anyone wanna take Step I again?