And here we go again...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iceman24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Funny how they got a naive 3rd year resident to write this having never experienced any of the market pressures he's going to face in finding and keeping a job in Anywhere, USA.

I would pay decent money to see the look on his face when he doesn't get his desired practice first go around or even in the first decade of trying. And I really want to see the look on his face when he finds out how badly Derm, GI, and GU is willing to skim his already low reimbursement for the privilege of getting paid something, what any hospital administration thinks of his professional expertise and time, and how easily community physicians see him as completely replaceable with LabCorp or Quest pathology solutions.

Reactions: 3 users
I remember wanting to throw up when someone posted a video of a resident who said coffee was a perk of being a pathologist. I miss being naive.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the aim of that article is for that resident to look particularly compliant for academic employers. The cap tends to skew academic so maybe this is a job application of sorts for him or her.

I look forward to his fourth year resident article on hospital contracts and negotiating with insurance companies.