Medical Would you consider being put on a waitlist quickly a bad thing or a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you consider being put on a waitlist quickly a bad thing or a good thing? I received my WL decision two weeks after my interview, while no one else at my interview date has received a decision yet.
Also, what can I do to increase my chances of getting off the WL without being annoying to adcoms?
Impossible to tell whether it is good or bad. I know that's an unsatisfying answer, but it's the truth.

There is nothing you can do after your interview to increase your chances of getting off the WL, and in fact anything you do would be annoying to adcoms. Again, I know that's an unsatisfying answer, but it's the truth.

Members don't see this ad.

You can't interpret. Sometimes committees are slow to make decisions. Sometimes they use rubrics to make decisions faster. They may like you but have no official spots in the class. There is no way to know. Keep your hopes up and move along.

I'd stay engaged in you are on a waitlist. But some schools will have internal criteria depending on who drops their seat.

Don't place mental energy and time into this. At this point, you do not have a spot in medical school. Prepare for reapplication (if you are going to reapply) so that you can improve in the weak parts of your app and not waste time during the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.