Medical What is the best thing to do if on t10 waitlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on the wait list at my dream school and the information I've received has been extremely limited. I believe the next steps are to be patient, submit a letter of intent, and be patient. Is there anything else I can do or any strategies that are effective or respected/appreciated by Adcoms that waitlist applicants can take?

-Is it ever appropriate to reach out to the admissions office to ask if there is anything you can do to strengthen your application at this point?
-Do connections with faculty members make any impact? Ex: should I reach out to a family friend at the school to ask for guidance/a letter?
Be patient and work on Plan B

Members don't see this ad.

As hard as it is to be patient, you need to be. Letters of intent are likely not going to push you over the edge and into medical school. The only thing IMO that you should be sending to schools if you are on the waitlist is an update letter if you have filled a hole in your app. For example, if you had 50 clinical hours and then you got 300 more hours, you should update them with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.