Would these books be enough?

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am planning to write my OAT sometime in late november and I have been doing research on study materials.

I have Princeton review books and a Kaplan for the MCAT, would that be enough or appropriate to study for the OAT?

I also bought the Kaplan OAT book (the thin one with practise tests).

What is the OAT destroyer? Is it a textbook or just a book with a lot of problems? I don't know if I should invest in it.

Any advice would be good! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like you have a good start to your OAT prep.
I would also check out some of the OAT postings on this forum for the quality of other OAT resources. You may also want to find a book to practice QR problems such as Arco's GRE/GMAT Math Review, which gives you plenty of practice problems and explanations. For the RC portion, I used GRE, SAT and ACT passages (reading comprehension and science passages) from Kaplan & Peterson...I focused mostly on the science-related passages because the actual OAT will only include these types. I did use the Kaplan's physics section from MCAT Comprehensive (2000) to organize the physics formulas, but I learned more about physics using the MCAT Physics Book by Biehle, which provides many conceptual problems and simple calculations, which you'll find on the actual OAT. For the O-Chem section, I did use Kaplan notes, but I wanted more practice problems so I also used Organic Chemistry for Dummies Workbook, which provided me with dozens of problems and great explanations. Although, there were some obvious printing errors in the book, overall the book really helped me better understand O-chem concepts and my OAT score.
I didn't use the OAT Destroyer, but used the OAT Achiever as both a pre and post test practice for simulating the actual OAT testing conditions...also realizing that the real OAT problems would be easier than the ones found from the OAT Achiever. My preparation for the OAT allowed me to earn TS 360 and AA 340, which I'm more than satisfied. Good luck with your prep.

I agree with Absolute. I would also look into getting OAT destroyer, it is an excellent resource. It has so many problems from each section with solutions that explain the concept and answers. It even has solution pages devoted to showing every possible reaction for O-chem. I also used topscore, which was 3 practice tests. They are pretty tough tests.